• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX and Omni/Atmosphere with Pro Tools 8

Share/Bookmark

RMX and Omni/Atmosphere with Pro Tools 8

I know, I know, its that time of the year when you upgrade to a new version
    and not every plugin is happy. RMX and Atmos don't show up in the plugin list
    in PT 8 and Omni comes up but doesn't have a good time in this new environment, hangs after a while and then stops working. I know that this is
    the world we live in (or the virtual world), but I was wondering if anyone else
    out there has upgraded and is finding the same results? (is it a Leopard issue? I have a dual 1.8 PPC that I just upgraded to Leopard)

Thanks
    Chris

Re: RMX and Omni/Atmosphere with Pro Tools 8

Ahhh, should have read the Spectrasonics FAQ page, all works fine. Quick reference:

RMX/Atmos: Make sure that you get the latest version and that it has a ".dpm"
    extension on the file, you can re-name it in the Digi plugin directory.

Omni: Change the RTAS multi-cpu support and only use 1 cpu (even on a non-intel).

Quote Originally Posted by cKaz View Post
    Ahhh, should have read the Spectrasonics FAQ page, all works fine. Quick reference:

RMX/Atmos: Make sure that you get the latest version and that it has a ".dpm"
    extension on the file, you can re-name it in the Digi plugin directory.

Omni: Change the RTAS multi-cpu support and only use 1 cpu (even on a non-intel).
    So in other words, I can just throw away the other 7 processors, in order to use Omnisphere.

Wow. That is not cool. Maybe I'll go buy a donkey, and throw away my car, because it uses gas.

I hope they (Spectrasonics)address this soon.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by noeqplease View Post
    So in other words, I can just throw away the other 7 processors, in order to use Omnisphere.
    That is not true. Please read the FAQ. The quote above is NOT from the spectrasonics FAQ.

- Glenn

What would be really useful is to quote the appropriate section from the FAQ.
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Well, Glenn is being coy because the FAQ just says reduce the number of cpu's, without being specific. Vague and unhelpful IMHO.

i think in another thread it was said that the number of processors needs to be reduced by one (1) because rtas needs that one for some processing overhead or whatever.
    Pretty bad for people that use a duocore i suppose but definetly more of a Digi issue then a thirdparty developer one.

Go Back to forum