• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Need help with Omni use

Share/Bookmark

Need help with Omni use

Hi,
    I'm working on a song with different patches assigned to different channels. One of these patches is called "Perfect Cue Bell Sparkle". A beautiful bell sound don't you think?
    I use this patch once in the song for 4 1/8 notes. I would like each note to be panned to a different side:
    note 1 panned slightly left.
    note 2 panned slightly right.
    note 3 panned hard left.
    note 4 panned hard right.
    I have recorded the 4 notes on midi already.

Now what should I do in order to make this happen?

I notice there's a pan knob in the mixer, 2 pan knobs in the edit window (on the left), 2 pan knobs in the main screen.

Thanks alot.

Edit1: I just figured that this might be the host's job and not the synth?
    Edit2: Nope, I can't get my host (cubase studio) to automate it. I can automate VSTi tracks and audio tracks but not the midi track.
    Help...

Re: Need help with Omni use

You could MIDI Learn the pan knob or activate pan as a host automation parameter

Hans,
    I tried to enable host automation but it didn't work.
    What worked was "learn CC mode".
    I don't know why the host automation doesn't work.
    I tried to find it in the manual but could only find two pages from the glossary which didn't help.

Host automation must be enabled per parameter on omnisphere, so right click a parameter and then choose the option to enable it for automation. The parameter will get an automation id on that moment. From then it can be automated with the use of that id. I just did discover this today when i tried to make a novation autocontrol map for omnisphere. It did puzzle me the last few days why i couldn't make a control map, but now i know how to do it. Omnisphere does need a comprehensive manual, i hope spectrasonics will publish it soon!

Grtz Wan

Quote Originally Posted by NicoNoise View Post
    Omnisphere does need a comprehensive manual, i hope spectrasonics will publish it soon!
    Your wish is granted!

Available now in online form for Spectrasonics users:

http://support.spectrasonics.net/omnimanual/

Hi Eric,
    Will the complete manual also be made available for download or in .pdf format, rather than in bits and pieces at the web site? That's NOT a complaint ....thanks very much for releasing the manual....just curious.......................playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Quote Originally Posted by playz123 View Post
    Hi Eric,
    Will the complete manual also be made available for download or in .pdf format,
    The local installed version will be part of the next Patch update we are releasing in January.

If you want a pdf, it's easy to use the Print function of the Reference Guide to turn it into Print or Pdf files.

We prefer html, because it is far less limiting than pdf files and is easier to add and expand on.

...rather than in bits and pieces at the web site?
    The Reference Guide that's online is pretty complete and up to date right now. We've at least covered all the main areas and topics of the instrument.

That said....we'll probably always be improving it, because the instrument is so deep and there's so many topics that could be expanded on.

That's NOT a complaint ....thanks very much for releasing the manual
    You are welcome!

It was a lot of work! :-)

Thank you, will there be more video tutorials comming soon also?
    Mac OSX 6 / Logic 9 / Cubase 5 / Ableton / Omnisphere / Stylus Rmx / Trillion / Komplete / Groove Agent / Kontrol 49 / UC 33e / Euphonix MC Mix n Control

oops didnt see the other post, thanks for the morphong video
    Mac OSX 6 / Logic 9 / Cubase 5 / Ableton / Omnisphere / Stylus Rmx / Trillion / Komplete / Groove Agent / Kontrol 49 / UC 33e / Euphonix MC Mix n Control

Don't see the morphong video. Got a link?

Go Back to forum