• Register
  • Help

Topic: Time to ask again...!

Share/Bookmark

Time to ask again...!

When can we expect to see the update for the Authorized Steinway? It's been over a month since anything has been said about it...or...I've missed it.*

*At my age that's a real possibility!
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Re: Time to ask again...!

Did you see this?

Hello all

This issue has been solved in the 1.01+ update of steinway available
    at www.garritan.biz

I saw that, John, and did, in fact, download and install it. But I thought there was going to be a more extensive update coming. But, as I stated earlier, at my age I could have misunderstood.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

As far as I know the latest update does not solve the incorrect sostenuto pedal behavior.

Proportional pedaling still does not work also.

It was more of a bug fix rather than a real update.

I think what Jaybee is talking about is this post dated 10/29/08 by Jeff Hurchalla (http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...t=62235&page=3) which talks about update 1.02 which will will include a lot of the fixes and would act as an intermediate update so that we could use some of the fixes immediately. It seemed from that post that we would have the update by now and yet since then, I don't think there has been one single comment on the update by the developers.

Hi guys, here's some information that might help, I hope. For background on what's been developed, the last months I've worked concurrently on the Basic edition and the updates, since there's a huge amount of overlap. I needed to release the Basic edition asap for the Christmas season, so the updates now follow. As I'd mentioned earlier an update with relatively easy fixes (many of which are done now) will get released first (probably namm [the trade show mid next month] due to holidays or earlier), and then a more ambitious update which incorporates the concurrent work done for Basic.

Jeff,

It would be great to get an idea of the projected release dates so that users who are planning projects can know what to expect. If the first intermediate release is for mid-January, when do you think the more ambitious release is projected? Also, do you know if the issue with Sustain Resonance not working in Logic Pro 8 has been solved?

Thanks,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hurchalla View Post
    As I'd mentioned earlier an update with relatively easy fixes (many of which are done now) will get released first (probably namm [the trade show mid next month] due to holidays or earlier), and then a more ambitious update which incorporates the concurrent work done for Basic.

Jeff,

Does this mean that the Basic version has correct programming than the Pro version? (as far as sostenuto, proportional pedalling, etc.)

Go Back to forum