• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ruminations

The word has two meanings; pick your favorite one.

I did this as an improv last year and tonight I rendered it with the Garritan Authorized Steinway Piano.

Here it is

Ruminations.mp3 - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

Comments welcome

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

Central Illinois

Re: Ruminations

Greetings, are you up real late, or are you a fellow insomniac?
    The piano sounds good, how do you like it? I tried the player on box.net first, but it was full of snaps and crackles. Sounded like my legs climbing the stairs. I am listening to the downloaded version now and it plays fine.

You get around on the keys pretty well Ron. I wish I had listened to Mom and stuck with the lessons. I got sidetracked by girls and guitars. Oh well....

I enjoyed the ruminating. Merry Christmas and hopefully, a better New Year.

Oh, I remember Spiro T. Agnew and the "nattering nabobs of ".....something or other. Seems like there are plenty of crooked politicians to go around.

Hello, Ron

I really enjoyed following your Ruminations. You're certainly more proficient at the ivories than I am. And it made me admire the Garritan Steinway, yet again - made me wonder, yet again, why I ever see any complaints about it.

Footnote - The Box Player's ability to play back smoothly is dependent, like all players, on the horse power of the machine. I used the instant play button and the file played perfectly without a hitch.

Randy B.

For such an outpour you have a splendid and formal end. What a journey a churning mind can take us; you have captured and shared it. Thank you. Much enjoyed Ron!

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

PS Merry Christmas Ron.

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

Shelton, Washington State

That was a good improv Ron. Pretty free form but you manage to keep it together and on track.

Yes, a nice ending as well.

That Steinway certainly does good service to your
    improvisational work, Ron. I think the lesser GPO
    instrument just wasn't up to the task on a lot of your
    piano writing. The first part of this I thought was
    partocularly lovely.

Merry Christmas, my friend!

My best,

David Sosnowski

For some reason, I almost feel as if this is being played backwards... despite being improvised Nice stuff man, I like the ever changing dynamics. And my fingers ache at the thought of playing with such energy hehe. Your hands are definitely more skilled than my own hehe, thanks for posting.

Go Back to forum