• Register
  • Help

Topic: What do YOU want for Christmas?

What do YOU want for Christmas?

What do YOU want for Christmas?

I asked my 21-year old daughter (who is in college but home for the holidays) this question, and she answered in a smart-aleck fashion (I just don't know WHERE she gets that from). She actually adopted a nasal, little-boy voice (she's a theater major) and started singing, "I want a Hippopatamus For Christmas". I slapped my knee and said, "Okay, but you have to sing the vocals." She agreed, and this is the result. I didn't really try for the carnival sound, but liked it when I heard it, so it stayed.

I Want A Hippopatamus For Christmas

Edit: Oooops, I forgot the formalities... my apologies. Most of the sounds here are GPO... except for the drums, of course. I also use RealGuitar to echo the melody line, but it's swallowed up by the organ and you can't really hear it. Also, the MIDI was aranged by Ron Tilden, and I acquired it at the following website:

Shelton, Washington State

Re: What do YOU want for Christmas?

My mother said you can by one on QVC. She ordered a baby elephant but I made her send it back.

That was real cute and a fun listen.

Your daughter did a good job on this and it was a nice tune.

Central Illinois

Re: What do YOU want for Christmas?

This was fun. I don't remember ever hearing that one before. Cute song and some nice singing on this, and your backing tracked worked nicely.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family! John

Go Back to forum