• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Christmas CD

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up GPO Christmas CD

I'm not going to sit here and listen to this absolutely awesome, wonderful, awe inspiring Christmas CD without saying .... saying .... saying .... awe shighst, I can't believe this is not real (it's GPO).

Not finished ... I'll be back.
    Styxx

Re: GPO Christmas CD

Nothing like answering your own post.

I've just finished wrapping gifts. All along, while the Garritan Christmas CD played, my wife and I found ourselves singing alone to every piece. For a moment I had forgotten where this CD came from thinking not of the origin of the production until my wife asked me if I knew who all the musicians are that produced each piece. Wow, suddenly I realized just what I was listening to and felt kind of well, gee Wally ... all neat inside!

People ... you have such a great gift and you use is so well. Not only just for the work on this CD but for all of the members year round which have given so much "new" music to this world the likes of none would have possibly never heard if it weren't for you and this forum and especially for the one man who made it all possible ... me ... no Just kidding.

We all know who he is. I personally want to thank Mr. Garritan for bringink together some of the finest musicians/new composers to the world! Sounds Corinne huh? Well, it ain't so !

Hemingway, Merry Christmas to all of you and thanks for all your great talent this past year. I am looking forward to the next year in anticipation of new pieces to savor.

By the way .... see you next year!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
    Nothing like answering your own post.

I've just finished wrapping gifts. All along, while the Garritan Christmas CD played, my wife and I found ourselves singing alone to every piece. For a moment I had forgotten where this CD came from thinking not of the origin of the production until my wife asked me if I knew who all the musicians are that produced each piece. Wow, suddenly I realized just what I was listening to and felt kind of well, gee Wally ... all neat inside!

People ... you have such a great gift and you use is so well. Not only just for the work on this CD but for all of the members year round which have given so much "new" music to this world the likes of none would have possibly never heard if it weren't for you and this forum and especially for the one man who made it all possible ... me ... no Just kidding.

We all know who he is. I personally want to thank Mr. Garritan for bringink together some of the finest musicians/new composers to the world! Sounds Corinne huh? Well, it ain't so !

Hemingway, Merry Christmas to all of you and thanks for all your great talent this past year. I am looking forward to the next year in anticipation of new pieces to savor.

By the way .... see you next year!
    Well said MrStyxxy!

Hi there. Kudos from a fan.

Drop the needle on a couple of tracks from each of the Garritan Community Christmas CDs, starting from the earliest one and moving up year-by-year.

It's apparent that the composers are getting better and better, year by year, at making convincing orchestral realizations using these tools. While the tools have honestly not changed that much in the last four years or so (because the GPO was done so well to begin with!) it's that the expertise of the composers in using these libraries is improving. It's not about Finale, Sibelius or better convolution reverbs.

I love listening to the latest edition of this ongoing musical tradition each year, and it goes everywhere with me and my iPod.

I admire the creativity of all the composers, and I applaud your generosity in giving some of your best compositions and recordings away freely to the whole world to give them some Christmas cheer.

I wish you all a prosperous New Year!
    Wheat Williams
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Music Copyist in Sibelius
    Apple MacBook Pro, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
    Apple Certified Support Professional. I also work with Windows.

Hello Wheat, it's good to see you here.

Styxx, I echo Alan's words. Nice post.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Go Back to forum