• Register
  • Help

Topic: Where Is Christmas

Share/Bookmark

Where Is Christmas

Hi folks...

Well i just HAD to put something up as a Christmas offering... since i've been seeing everyone else doing it. So i through this together tonight. I'm such a copycat, i can't help myself.

Nothing uber special here, just something with a little bit of Christmas feel to it. It's a tad on the unusual side, but hey... that's who i am.

percs: ezdrummer
    ac. bass/chimes/oboe: plugsound
    strings/piano: GPO

Hope it makes you feel something.

Where Is Christmas

Thanks for dropping in.
    And if i don't make it to the board in the next day i'd like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. Be safe, be good, and enjoy your loved ones.

Mark...

Re: Where Is Christmas

Hi Mark, I for one am glad you were compelled to do this and to share it with us here. Loved the children's voices, and the rhythm and pulse of the bass and percussion. Nice job on this one, It has enough of a Christmas feel to it to make the team!

Best wishes for the Holidays to you and yours up there in B.C. John

For such a self proclaimed "GOOF" you have "TONS" of serious emotional play in this work. The percussion aside; your melodies and harmonies are sweet and haunting; as if pondering?

Nice original Christmas song ... joyous and mysterious.

Have a Merry Christmas!

M
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

I listened to this a few times, Mark... unconventional
    for a Christmas tune? A little, maybe; but I like that.
    Who says Christmas songs have to be stale old goods?

This is fresh, lively material with wonder and mystery
    in it -- the most elemental aspects of the season and
    what it celebrates.

I hereby pronounce this, indubitably, a Christmas
    song! And, I might add, quite a good one.

My best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Mark,

A very nice blend in a Brazilian style!

I suspect that even the children's voices are in Portuguese... lol

Really gives the feeling of waiting and expectancy... well done!

Yudit

Thank you very much guys for your valued thoughts and comments. They're much more than i expected for this lil' piece of work.

I must admit i had a re-listen to the song today and was not pleased with some of the string parts (a lil' too close voiced) so i went through and smoothed things out a bit better; voice leading wise. This does not however warrant a re-listen by anyone, unless they think they'll notice what's been reworked.

The kids are speaking french Yudit. I couldn't find a Brazilian sample. haha

Glad you guys enjoyed this, i'm happy to offer it up for the holidays.

Have a Merry Christmas all.

Mark...

Mark,

I also got that Brazilian feel when the drum beats rolled out. Then the melody, a bit sad, a bit mysterious, a bit reminiscent. It brought to me an image of a beautiful young lady singing Fado in a restaurant in a narrow street in Lisbon.

This is a very unusual Xmas piece. Very powerful. I like it!

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by Mark5 View Post
    Thank you very much guys for your valued thoughts and comments. They're much more than i expected for this lil' piece of work.

I must admit i had a re-listen to the song today and was not pleased with some of the string parts (a lil' too close voiced) so i went through and smoothed things out a bit better; voice leading wise. This does not however warrant a re-listen by anyone, unless they think they'll notice what's been reworked.

The kids are speaking french Yudit. I couldn't find a Brazilian sample. haha

Glad you guys enjoyed this, i'm happy to offer it up for the holidays.

Have a Merry Christmas all.

Mark...

Yes, a very nice Christmas song. In Brazil it's probably sunny and warm at Christmas time and no doubt different. Here, it's been the worst snow weather in fifty years so I really enjoyed the trip down south.

An intriguing piece of music and well polished.

Phil

Cut...that's a wrap. This is rendered so well and sounds so good, it's ready for CD production and sale. Very polished Mark and just a great piece of music. I can see how one can get "The Christmas feeling" out of this, but really, it would be great any-time-of-year piece to listen to.

I would have to say WOW back at ya. I love the Latin, S. American , lite jazz sound as much--and for the same reasons you like the Western sound. Just makes me feel so good and very uplifting, although I'm not much good at composing it. So thanks for the pay back!...I'll give you Western and you keep the S. American sound a-coming that will keep both our spirits uplifted and on the high road for the coming New Year.

Thanks for sharing a wonderful piece and Happy New Year to you!!!

Cass

Mark5:

Great rhythmic pulse to this Christmas song and, with a
    simple melody, everything comes together to make a
    great musical offering.

A really good listen, Mark5.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum