• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Help. Aria/Finale 2009

Share/Bookmark

Talking Help. Aria/Finale 2009

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope is a safe and blessed one.

I just installed Finale 2009, and I have the full version of GPO, how do I combine the two, and how do I get the sound to work on existing Finale files that have full GPO instruments loaded in the origional version of the file.

Unfortunately, I have completely forgotten how to use Finale/GPO since duthe paring st year I was completely addicted to World of Warcraft, hehehe. So respond like I am a complete newbie on this. lol
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Re: Help. Aria/Finale 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Penigar View Post
    Merry Christmas everyone. I hope is a safe and blessed one.

I just installed Finale 2009, and I have the full version of GPO, how do I combine the two, and how do I get the sound to work on existing Finale files that have full GPO instruments loaded in the origional version of the file.

Unfortunately, I have completely forgotten how to use Finale/GPO since duthe paring st year I was completely addicted to World of Warcraft, hehehe. So respond like I am a complete newbie on this. lol
    What does "...since duthe paring st year..." mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    What does "...since duthe paring st year..." mean?
    I think she meant "since during the past year"

Just a guess.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one whose brain and fingers get crossways on occasion. Thank you for that!
    Paul Baker
    Baker's Jazz And More
    Austin, Texas, USA
    www.bakersjazzandmore.com

Hi Samantha,

I kind of wondered where you went -- good to hear you were doing something productive.

Not enough time to give you the full step-by-step newbie approach you asked for.

In short, you can use Finale's "Manage VST/AU Plugins" tool to load the old Kontakt Player versions of GPO, JABB, etc. Here's a link to what MakeMusic has to say about using full GPO (make sure to note the additional link that they point to in their answer): http://makemusic.custhelp.com/cgi-bi...i=&p_topview=1

If you had used these libraries with an older version of Finale, perhaps it is easiest to just copy the necessary files from that version into the "VST Plugins" directory for Finale 2009.

Try searching this forum, the Make Music knowledge base, and the Finale forums, since this question has been answered before. You might want to include JABB in your search terms, since the same principles apply, and I know I have seen a Q/A about using JABB with Finale 2009.

Someone else will probably come along with a more step-by-step answer if you need it. If they don't and you are still having problems, drop me an email and I'll walk you through it (if I find free time -- at the moment all my time goes to playing with a 3-year-old and her new Christmas presents!).
    Best Regards,
    Ernie

Hi Samantha, The main thing is to check that the dll file for the Garritan Finale instruments is in Finale's VST folder. If not, you have to navigate to wherever the VST folder is on your computer, copy it and paste it into Finale's VST folder. Then you should be able to load a file, click on the MIDI/Audio tab, and select "play Finale through VST". Then click on "instrument setup" and you should find GPO listed there. You can then load your instruments and you will be off and running.
    There has been at least one major update for Finale2009 already, so make sure you have the latest version. Good luck and Merry Christmas! John

Hi Samantha,

Nice to see you around here again.

Alan

Well hello stranger! It's been awhile. Nice to have you back!
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

I too just upgraded to Finale 2009 and all I had to do was copy the gpofull2instrument.txt to my FinaleVST folder under the Finale 2009 installation. The full path was:

C:\Program Files\Finale 2009\FinaleVST

The .dll file previously mentioned was already there but couldn't access Full GPO in the dropdown list until that text file was copied to the above mentioned directory.

Just my opinion so far though is that the Aria player and Finale 2009 is much more stable on my system. I'm very excited about the Aria upgrade to GPO.

Steve Winkler

Quote Originally Posted by swinkler View Post
    Just my opinion so far though is that the Aria player and Finale 2009 is much more stable on my system. I'm very excited about the Aria upgrade to GPO.
    Steve Winkler
    Steve,
    Let me be clear in understanding what you are saying. Are you saying that you can load the full GPO into the Finale 2009 Aria player? Or am I misunderstanding something. TIA
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Go Back to forum