• Register
  • Help

Topic: Setting up he Kontakt Player within the host.

Share/Bookmark

Setting up the Kontakt Player within the host.

I see two main ways to set up the Kontakt player.

1) 16 midi tracks feeding Kontakt and 1 stereo output, doing all mixing and effects in Kontakt.

Or,

2) 16 midi tracks feeding Kontakt and 16 audio outputs feeding 16 sequencer tracks
    and doing the mixing and effects, such as any EQ on the 16 output tracks. Though one could still do the mixing and EQing in Kontakt and still use 16 outputs.

Method 2 looks to be more visual with everything out in the open.
    Would method 2 tend to use more cpu?

I'm thinking that method 2 would make it easier to freeze individual tracks as and if needed though I am not certain that is true.

How do you do it?
    What do you see as the pluses and minuses?

Re: Setting up he Kontakt Player within the host.

I do everything in a screwy way.

When I was using a sequencer I would render the track or tracks (dry, no effects) to a wave file and then load them into my mixing board. That is where I do all FX to all my tracks.

Now I use 2 computers and record GPO in stand alone and then load that track into the mixing board.

Like I said, it's screwy but it works for me.

I do rock n roll and snyth based music with the orchestra backing it up.

And before you ask...............................................

..................................Yes....I drink while I work.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Quote Originally Posted by P.T. View Post
    2) 16 midi tracks feeding Kontakt and 16 audio outputs feeding 16 sequencer tracks
    and doing the mixing and effects, such as any EQ on the 16 output tracks. Though one could still do the mixing and EQing in Kontakt and still use 16 outputs.
    Method #2 is what I use. I've never had any CPU issues, and I usually have 60+ MIDI tracks (4+ instances of Kontakt Player).

I prefer doing it this way, because it gives me one place (the DAW) to control everything (volume, pan, effects, etc.).
    Best Regards,
    Ernie

Checking notation output: Method one for quick setup
    Production: Method two because I can use different busses then
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Absolutely method 2, PT. Why force all those instruments to squeeze out of one streo out? Yikes! Whether or not it uses more CPU - I don't care, I Gotta have control inside my DAW.

Nice as it is to have effects and other mixing tools available in KP2, I basically am bypassing all that, just using the audio outs in KP2 and then doing all the fun mixing stuff with busses and effects in Sonar.

Randy B.

Go Back to forum