• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Bosendorfer Imperial Upgrage Version 2.0

Share/Bookmark

Bosendorfer Imperial Upgrage Version 2.0

My good friend and fellow developer, Donnie Christian, has just sent me the articulation file upgrade for the Bosendorfer Imperial Concert Grand Piano, which he has just finished programming.

This articulation upgrade has several presets and has \"fixed\" certain notes that were slightly brighter than other notes, due to harder hammer felts. The added presets include some filters, which gives this instrument more of a mellow sound. You can now select whether you want a brighter piano for heroic classical music, jazz, pop, etc., or more of a mellow sound for softer classical, new age, ballads, etc. There are also several lighter version of this piano as well, among these presets.

Here is more of a description of the various presets on this free articulation download upgrade for the Bosendorfer Imperial....

Added three lite versions: Lite A is at seconds, Lite B is at minor 3rds, and Lite C is two velocities but chromatic.

Added two filter presets: Mod Filter where the mod wheel controls the amount of the filter (very cool), and Velocity Filter where the velocity controls the amount of the filter.

Tweaked a lot of the releases

Added separate velocity presets: FF, MF, MP, and P. FF and MF have a velocity filter on them to improve performance.

As you can very well see, the \"Bosendorfer Imperial\" is now an extremely versatile concert grand piano.

This free download upgrade will be up on our web site in a week. I am in the process of changing servers, so when I am up and running with my new internet server for Bardstown Audio, this free download will be available.

I will also be posting some new demos of the Bosendorfer Imperial with these new settings as soon as I am up and running with my new internet server.

In the meantime, customers who have purchased the Bosendorfer Imperial and would like to immediately have this new articulation file upgrade for version 2.0, may send me an email and I will promptly send it to you, attached to an email.

Kind regards,

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

[This message has been edited by Bardstown Audio (edited 01-27-2002).]

Re: Bosendorfer Imperial Upgrage Version 2.0

I notice that I misspelled \"upgrade\" on the title of this thread.

This is an interesting development. I do New Age style piano, and look forward to hearing demos of that type of playing.

Lawrence

------------------
    Melodialworks Music
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Ok, Kip sent me the art file last night and YES ! this definitly made me totally content with the library. The Modwheel filter patch is awesome the attacks have been tamed to be more equal across the keyboard and with this patch you can adjust the sound of the piano it can go from very dark sounding to really bright (like the original patch )just by using a bit of filter i was able to just darken it a bit, it was just a tad too bright for me , this makes it really great, i then compared it to \"The Grand\" with the new filter patch and that\'s when i understood what i was hearing in \"the Grand\" it was alot of filtering, this does it for me Imperial Bosendorfer just detroned \"the Grand\" as my first call for acoustic grand piano. )))

Franky.
    Vintaudio Prod.

Hey guys just wanted to let you know that I made a silly mistake on the 2.0 upgrade for Kip. I will be sending him a 2.1 upgrade tonight. The issue was regarding the release samples on the pedal down layer.

Sorry!

Donnie

Hi Donnie, (and Kip!)
    Good job you did with that update file! I loaded it and it just about adds all the things I missed. The filtered patch is my favorite, this one really allows expressive playing. Thanks guys.
    Did you check the \"self-mask\" tab for all samples? It helps keeping the polyphony down when playing with the pedal down for long times.

Hi Michiel,

I am glad you like the upgrade articulation file. Hopefully, we should have the version 2.1 upgrade ready later today which will fix a few more things. I will send it to you as soon as it is ready.

Thanks,
    Kip

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bardstown Audio:
    Hi Michiel,

I am glad you like the upgrade articulation file. Hopefully, we should have the version 2.1 upgrade ready later today which will fix a few more things. I will send it to you as soon as it is ready.

Thanks,
    Kip

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That\'s great news, Kip. When the little buglets that got introduced are ironed out, this update will really sing.

Like Michiel, I found that the two filtered instruments helped the pianissimo immensely. I really don\'t believe it \"killed\" the sound in any way at all. Because the underlying samples have so much brightness and presence, the tone quality remains lively even with some high rolloff.

Haha, I was going to send you my filtered articulation, but I accidentally blew it away when I loaded the 2.0 articulation. Just as well--I think Donnie was a little more daring on the filter design and it paid off.

Thanks guys for the compliments! I\'m in the middle of moving right now so things are crazy! Hopefully everything will be back up soon. I am going to send Kip the 2.1 file tonight.

Donnie

Hello everybody,

I received the articulation file version 2.1 upgrade from Donnie just over an hour ago. I have been checking it out and it seems to be very much on target! The release samples are now working perfectly, and the mod wheel and velocity filters add a very warm and mellow character to this piano, which is most delightful! With the various mod wheel settings, you can have anything from very soft, warm, and mellow, to very bright, in addition to any settings in between.

Donnie, you have truly done a first class job with this programming, and you are a true professional!

Orders for the Bosendorfer Imperial, which will be shipping today and from now on, will be the newly upgraded version 2.1. Within the next few hours, I will be sending this version 2.1 articulation file upgrade to all customers who have previously purchased the \"Bosendorfer Imperial,\" which will be attached to an email.

In the next week or so, I will be adding some additional MP3 demos to my web site, which will feature the softer and more mellow and warm character of the \"Bosendorfer Imperial,\" playing softer classical music, jazz ballads, and new age selections.

I very much appreciate all of the support from people who participate on this forum, and I also appreciate the business and satisfaction from people who have purchased the \"Bosendorfer Imperial.\"

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Go Back to forum