• Register
  • Help

Topic: SoundSet for Sibelius of Garritan Personal Orchestra

Share/Bookmark

SoundSet for Sibelius of Garritan Personal Orchestra

Hi all!

I'm learning to use Garritan Personal Orchestra with Sibelius 5 on a Mac Intel.

Where can I found a predefined SoundSet for Sibelius 5 of Garritan Personal Orchestra?

When I go to Playback Devices on Sibelius, and I try to change a SoundSet for Kontakt2 or KontaktPlayer2 I can't see a Garritan Personal Orchestra option. I see Sibelius Essentials, Garritan Gofriller, General MIDI and others... but not GPO.

How can I install a Garritan Sound Set? Where can I found it? Can someone upload a soundset of Garritan?

Re: SoundSet for Sibelius of Garritan Personal Orchestra

It is installed by default. But on v5.2, it doesn't show up unless you have GPO actually installed. If you had previously edited it, it may not show up on v5.2 because the file version changed.

ctrl-click the Sib icon and select "Show contents" and look in the Sounds folder. You should find the soundset there.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig F View Post
    It is installed by default. But on v5.2, it doesn't show up unless you have GPO actually installed. If you had previously edited it, it may not show up on v5.2 because the file version changed.

ctrl-click the Sib icon and select "Show contents" and look in the Sounds folder. You should find the soundset there.
    Ok. I see the file Garritan Personal Orchestra.xml in that folder. And I see it is in User/Library/Application Support/Sibelius Software/Sibelius 5/Sounds.

I use Sibelius 5.2.5, and I use Garritan Personal Orchestra Sounds, I have sounds of Garritan installed in Macintosh HD, but the SoundSet don't appears when I run Sibelius.

What can I do? I have installed Sibelius Sound Editor too... How can I active this soundset? I have tried changing the name of SoundSet, but doesn't work...

Quote Originally Posted by jjloving View Post
    1. Try trashing the file in the User/Library/Application Support/Sibelius Software/Sibelius 5/Sounds folder.

2. Go to the directory Craig indicated, open the Garritan Personal Orchestra.xml file in a text editor and make sure the file version is 50001.

3. Run KP2 in stand-alone to make sure the library location is set correctly. If it's not, Sib may not recognize GPO as being installed.

Jon

edit: no need for the sound set editor - it's about as close to worthless as a piece of software gets
    Well... version is correct: 50001. But nothing appears on Sibelius.

I've tried making some changes with TextEdit. I've deleted this line:

<LibraryID>799</LibraryID>

Then Garritan Personal Orchestra appears as a SoundSet in PlaybackDevices on Sibelius, but don't load automatically instruments. It says:

"File was not found. Please check if Library is installed correctly"

Until today, I've been using Kontakt2 to load Garritan Instruments, becuase I always have problems with KontaktPlayer 2.

Any more ideas?

Perhaps the problem is that I don't have installed Garritan in the correct folder...

Where it has to be installed? Wich is the correct folder? Can I move the .nkc and .nks files to a better location?

Go Back to forum