I am new to the Forum and new to the GPO user community. I have the GPO installed and running through my Gateway desktop... (Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz, 1999 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) with AVerMedia M791 PCIe Combo NTSC/ATSC sound device, and MOTU 8Pre Firewire Interface.

From the moment I installed the GPO and opened the Kontact player, whenever I load a library I get a terrible loud popping and spitting through the speakers. Also I get a window which says "latency is too low for efficient multiprocessor support!" whenever I select the Kontact Player from the desktop icon.

It does however load and play the libraries. I am using a Kurzweil PC88 for the keyboard controller. If I have the GPO program running and load a library, I also get the popping. I have Sonar 6 Home Studio, and when I open any menu in Sonar the popping starts as well. I also have Cubase 4 installed, however am not presently using it.

It sounds as though it is clock related, however I have adusted the sampling rates.

I have installed the lasted firmware MOTU drivers, but am getting no assistance from MOTU Tech Support. I took the 8Pre back to the dealer and after running on other software, found it to be functioning properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.