• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: "Patterns" (Garritan Authorized Steinway)

Share/Bookmark

Arrow "Patterns" (Garritan Authorized Steinway)

Y'all,

This is my "Patterns".

It is my first experience with the Garritan Authorized Steinway piano (Basic). There's a lot that I have to learn about this instrument as you can tell by listening.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Patterns" (Garritan Authorized Steinway)

Larry! I Like your composition and I'm
    glad you got your Steinway working.
    David

"A painter who has no doubts about his own ability will attain very little" - Leonardo da Vinci.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidart View Post
    Larry! I Like your composition and I'm
    glad you got your Steinway working.
    The Steinway has always "worked". I'm just having some irritating CPU spike problems when I use it as a VST insert in Sonar version 8.

Thanks for listening, Mr. David.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry, The piano is in good hands here. I love this piece, sounds just right this morning. Excellent writing and rendering here.
    I am using the Steinway piano in Sonar 8 also. I haven't experienced the problems you are encountering. I saw the other thread, sounds like you will get help from the source, so that's good. Thanks for sharing this one, John

Quote Originally Posted by bigears View Post
    Larry, The piano is in good hands here. I love this piece, sounds just right this morning. Excellent writing and rendering here.
    I am using the Steinway piano in Sonar 8 also. I haven't experienced the problems you are encountering. I saw the other thread, sounds like you will get help from the source, so that's good. Thanks for sharing this one, John
    Thanks for your comments, Mr. John. Your words gladden the heart of an old person.

Best Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry, the gift you have gladdens the hearts of all the folks who are lucky enough to hear your music. Thanks for sharing your creations with us. John

(I just saw your picture next to mine, are we related?)

Quote Originally Posted by bigears View Post
    (I just saw your picture next to mine, are we related?)
    I don't think so. My ears are normal-size.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Another masterfully crafted piece. Definitely gives that piano a workout. And I feel your pain when it comes to CPU spikes, heh. But evidently they are no match for you. After all, it takes more than unruly machines to defeat us Texans. Now, the insane weather on the other hand...

Cheers,

-Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Dillard View Post
    Another masterfully crafted piece. Definitely gives that piano a workout. And I feel your pain when it comes to CPU spikes, heh. But evidently they are no match for you. After all, it takes more than unruly machines to defeat us Texans. Now, the insane weather on the other hand...

Cheers,

-Sam
    Yes, we Texans are (cough, cough, wheeze) tough, aren't we?

Thanks for the kind words, Mr. Sam. It's good to hear from you.

The temperature here in Tyler is 36 degrees F. That's danged Yankee weather!

My Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hi Larry,

Just sneaking in for a bit after my hiatus...

I thought I would start with this, and what a good choice I made! I see that you're endowing your usual composing brilliance on your new toy, the Garritan Steinway. You and it sound just terrific together!

I'm assuming you'll be re-rendering some of your existing piano pieces with the GAS (if you haven't already), and I'm sure the results will be just as satisfyingly successful. Compositionally and rendering-wise, Patterns was very definitely a "concert stage" experience to listen to.

Hope you're doing well, my friend -- your music certainly is!

Danny

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast