• Register
  • Help

Topic: Several New Pieces of Music

Share/Bookmark

Several New Pieces of Music

Hey everyone,

It's good to be back online and back on this forum. I've been trying to catch up on discussions and new pieces that people have posted. I'll eventually get them all listened to, I guess! :-)

Anyway, during my absence, I managed to complete several projects. I'm going to post them all in this one post.

Beautiful Man in the Buff Suite

This is a short film that stars Robert X Golphin (The Great Debaters).

End of the Day Suite
    This is a short student film that I wrote for a friend of mine.

John Chapter 3 Verse 16

A short piece of music to accompany a reading of John 3:16.

Libera Me, Domine
    This piece was written for a radio stations Easter programming. I may have posted this one before.

Monsters and Madmen Main Titles
    Main Titles for a TV show concept.

On the Border Suite
    Incidental Music I wrote for a stage production directed by Angel David Law and Order, The Crow)

Romance in A Minor
    Piece for Piano Violin and Cello. I may have posted this one before.

The Great Dark

An electronic piece meant to depict the emptiness of space.

Vividity Suite
    A short film score that I wrote for director J. Monty Nayhay.

OK, I think that's it. I would appreciate any comments.

Have a nice day.

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: Several New Pieces of Music

Jonny - glad that you are back on the forum. May I suggest (as a person who posts music, listens to others and comments on this forum and the Garritan one) that instead of posting 9 pieces that you try one at a time. If I tried to listen to all nine of your pieces and comment on them I would have to take the whole day off from work and I would not get to anyone else's music. Also for your benefit, you will have a much higher chance of people commenting one piece at a time.

Hope this helps!

Del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Re: Several New Pieces of Music

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Lost View Post
    Hey everyone,

It's good to be back online and back on this forum. I've been trying to catch up on discussions and new pieces that people have posted. I'll eventually get them all listened to, I guess! :-)

Anyway, during my absence, I managed to complete several projects. I'm going to post them all in this one post.

[.......]
    On the Border Suite
    Incidental Music I wrote for a stage production directed by Angel David Law and Order, The Crow)
    [.......]

OK, I think that's it. I would appreciate any comments.

Have a nice day.

Jonny
    Jonny, regarding the "On the Border Suite," what border are you referring to? The reason I ask is that the song (sung so sorrowfully by the lady) makes reference to "terruño Borincano." This is a song about Puerto Rico, a commonwealth of the United States of America. How did this get into a song titled "On the Border Suite"?

Just curious.

---Luis
    P.S. I thought I'd smile rather than frown.

Go Back to forum