• Register
  • Help

Topic: Several New Pieces of music

Several New Pieces of music

Hey everyone,

*I moved this from the main listening room on the Northernsounds forum page. I posted it in there by accident.*

It's good to be back online and back on this forum. I've been trying to catch up on discussions and new pieces that people have posted. I'll eventually get them all listened to, I guess! :-)

Anyway, during my absence, I managed to complete several projects. I'm going to post them all in this one post.

Beautiful Man in the Buff Suite

This is a short film that stars Robert X Golphin (The Great Debaters).

End of the Day Suite
    This is a short student film that I wrote for a friend of mine.

John Chapter 3 Verse 16

A short piece of music to accompany a reading of John 3:16.

Libera Me, Domine
    This piece was written for a radio stations Easter programming. I may have posted this one before.

Monsters and Madmen Main Titles
    Main Titles for a TV show concept.

On the Border Suite
    Incidental Music I wrote for a stage production directed by Angel David Law and Order, The Crow)

Romance in A Minor
    Piece for Piano Violin and Cello. I may have posted this one before.

The Great Dark

An electronic piece meant to depict the emptiness of space.

Vividity Suite
    A short film score that I wrote for director J. Monty Nayhay.

OK, I think that's it. I would appreciate any comments.

Have a nice day.

For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Shelton, Washington State

Re: Several New Pieces of music

I listened to the first three so far and the first two sounded like solid pro sound track work. I'd like to see the videos.

The third one was a little different listen as I recited the verse to myself and then heard the music make a statement about the verse.

I enjoyed them!

Central Illinois

Re: Several New Pieces of music

Hi, I listened to three of these so far. I started with the last one, definitely sounds like movie music, very well done and nice rendering. The next one was the Romance, which is a nice composition, but the rendering sounds a bit less impressive than the first one. The Libera Me, Domine was the last one I heard. I also enjoyed that one, beautiful writing and nice work with the voices. I will try to get to the others soon. Good work on these pieces! John

Go Back to forum