• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere > IL Patches Patch...What is it?

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere > IL Patches Patch...What is it?

I came across an interesting multi called "Talkbox Adventures". As I do in many of the sounds I hear, I looked at what sounds made up the multi. "Wow Didgeritalk" and "Talkbox Oww Amp". When I tried to look at the "Wow Didgeritalk" patch, in the info panel it says "IL Patches Patch". My main puzzlement is that I cannot see this patch on any of the edit screens, only in the browsers. How is this possible?

Re: Omnisphere > IL Patches Patch...What is it?

Hi..I think I understand what you are asking...I remeber in another thread that someone from Spectrasonics mentioned that there were patches in the multis that were not a pert of the sound library..How that works ?? I don't know.. LOL...JON

A Multi saves the entire state of the plug-in. It doesn't reference the patch library at all.

Therefore all the patches that exist in multis are unique to those multis. In fact, there are numerous unique patches that appear exclusively in the multis.

Thanks Eric, you da man.
    But what you are describing is only true for the "preset" multis right?
    Otherwise how would the user assign one of these mystery patches to a multi?

It would seem very possible to go to the multi and do a save patch to your user patch location and then it could be recalled ...

Hello,

I have noticed that too and think it would be nice if all the patches were findable in the patch list.
    Maybe for a next update ???

TIA

Go Back to forum