• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: l' Ollonais the pirate

Share/Bookmark

Cool l' Ollonais the pirate

The French pirate L'OLLONAIS has just left the west coast of Africa, also called the "Gold Coast." He's sailing a ship called "The Unicorn." It's the year 1664.

His men are impatient and he hopes to find a merchant ship from which he can loot for gold and jewels, or even slaves. He doesn't care. He's the meanest pirate that has ever sailed the waters of Africa to the Spanish Main.

But, he won't have to wait for long, because a Swedish colony ship is soon going to trespass his route. It's the ship "Zumbi" and the captain is called Adolf Fredrik Hansen. Soon it's time for a fierce sea battle.

The Unicorn has an edge -- it is a small pirate sloop and can manouver much faster than the slow Swedish slaver, which will try to get a good angle for its cannons to fire at L'Ollonais.

Dark clouds are covering the sky. Seagulls have started to fly low. A mysterious light comes from the distant horizon. It's the grim French pirate who is approaching. He has seen Captain Hansen and his crew. He will not take any prisoners. After having slaughtered the slave trader Adolf Fredrik Hansen and his men, L'Ollonais finds a piece from a treasure map that he has been searching for for years. It was found in Captain Hansen's log book.

Re: l' Ollonais the pirate

After having slaughtered the slave trader Adolf Fredrik Hansen
    What!

Whoa! Screaming sound FX!
    Is that you? Did I hear a gurgle in there!?
    LOL

Your music, Fred, is so fun!
    You always have a sense of adventure whether in outer-space with Bongo the monkey or on the raging sea!

The soft brass area was very beautiful and wonderfully written.
    Great work as always Fred!

M
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

... your not just an accomplished composer but a wonderful entertainer as well!

M
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

I'm sure glad I wasn't on that Swedish ship.

A great adventure and sound track Fred.

You're stories often show humanity at it's most inhuman but there is a lesson to be learned from it all.

Phil

Cool Re: l' Ollonais the pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor View Post
    What!

Whoa! Screaming sound FX!
    Is that you? Did I hear a gurgle in there!?
    LOL

Your music, Fred, is so fun!
    You always have a sense of adventure whether in outer-space with Bongo the monkey or on the raging sea!

The soft brass area was very beautiful and wonderfully written.
    Great work as always Fred!

M
    Hi Michael,

Thanks for your enthusiasm!

This is my own story based on historical facts!

The Swedish slave trader, Adolf Fredrik Hansen actually existed! So did the French pirate, François L'Ollonais! His cruel nature is too cruel to describe here, lol! But here is an old authentic map of Africa that reflects the reality of that time!

Fred

I hope no one was hurt in the making of this piece! Sword fights, cannons, and boarding ships are dangerous business. Great job on this tale. I truly enjoyed your story telling with music. John

Cool Re: l' Ollonais the pirate

Quote Originally Posted by bigears View Post
    I hope no one was hurt in the making of this piece! Sword fights, cannons, and boarding ships are dangerous business. Great job on this tale. I truly enjoyed your story telling with music. John
    Thanks for lending an ear, John!

In the sequel, François l'Ollonais will search for the hidden gold, with the help of the treasure map, which now is complete!

Fred

What cinematic works you present Fredrik!

When do you get a movie contract? Seriously, your ideas and musical presentations to the story lines you take from history and lore are tremendous. As usual, this is well orchestrated and presented. Great job all around. I am certainly glad I didn't have the speaker volume all the way up on this one, the first canon shot would have certainly shredded them!

Thanks for a great listen this morning!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Thumbs up Re: l' Ollonais the pirate

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    I'm sure glad I wasn't on that Swedish ship.

A great adventure and sound track Fred.

You're stories often show humanity at it's most inhuman but there is a lesson to be learned from it all.

Phil
    Hi Phil,

This surely was a dark episode in the history of mankind!

The interest in pirates started sort of with Sid Meirs' "Pirates" in the 80s.
    I had just gotten an Amiga 1200 (Commodore) from my ex-girlfriend's brother, lol, and I was bewitched, playing pirates until the early hours in the morning. The game also had wonderful classical music in it.
    This pirate story is sort of my tribute to Sid's famous DOS-game, which I love!

Thanks Sid, lol!

Cool Re: l' Ollonais the pirate - Sea dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor View Post
    ... your not just an accomplished composer but a wonderful entertainer as well!

M
    Hi again, Michael!

I'm glad my story was entertaining.
    I have already started with the next chapter about the pirate François L'Ollonais and his sea dogs.

Talk to you later!

Fred

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast