• Register
  • Help

Topic: AAS Modelling Collection

Share/Bookmark

AAS Modelling Collection

Anyone use any of their VIs? They still have that bundle deal going for a couple more days. The guitar (GS-1) and String modelling is what interests me the most, though I could probably use the LoungeLizard and UltraAnalog as well.

Re: AAS Modelling Collection

i downloaded the free strum and i am not impressed at all.
    it sounds very artifical.
    maybe the other plugs in their collection sound significantly better but after strum im not tempted to try any of them.

Lounge Lizard is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergievsky View Post
    Anyone use any of their VIs? They still have that bundle deal going for a couple more days. The guitar (GS-1) and String modelling is what interests me the most, though I could probably use the LoungeLizard and UltraAnalog as well.
    I don't have GS-1 but have all the others since 2 years: Ultra analog sound very very good, Tassmann is a great modular,Lounge Lizard the best modeling EP I've heard and String Studio is very good to do a lot of strange stuff...
    I don't work for them....

When I compare some of the Ep's in Omnisphere with Lounge Lizard, I realise now much better a real sampled EP sounds. Of course Lounge Lizard is very easy on the CPU. Everything comes at a price.

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    When I compare some of the Ep's in Omnisphere with Lounge Lizard, I realise now much better a real sampled EP sounds. Of course Lounge Lizard is very easy on the CPU. Everything comes at a price.
    Did you try to put the same FX chain on Lounge Lizard (including those you can hear in the "dry" samples).......

Dont know about Lounge Lizard but the EVP-88 in Logic certainly has a tendency to vanish into a bunch of sinewaves in the mix.
    Samplebased still rules in that regard.
    I use the Scarbee Rhodes and Wurlitzer and it wipes the floor with the EVP.

I really liked the demos in String Studio, I thought it had a lot of potential for some cool sounds. Anyway, still thinking about it. Also see that Independence Pro is part of another special...damn, these things are so tempting! I don't know anymore if it's good the economy is bad or what.

AAS are really among the top VI developers: all their instruments are very strong and individual-sounding. String Studio is uniquely beautiful IMHO. I was however underwhelmed with the sound of Strum, but you can improve it with a little tweaking and it is very nice to play-in some respects I prefer it to Real Guitar for ease of use.

If you're not sure I'd check out the demos or the cheaper Session instruments.

Nigel

Go Back to forum