• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Sam Brass Classic Users?

Share/Bookmark

Sam Brass Classic Users?

I have had the original brass library for several years and love it, but have indeed struggled with the organization of the patches, as well as some inconsistent key switching volumes, and also curse the times I have had to install the program. WHAT A PAIN!!!! (You know what I mean if you have had to go through this ordeal)

At only $70 to upgrade from the original library, I am wondering if anyone has done this and can suggest weather it might be money well spent.

It is a library I would like to use more, but because of the convoluted layout, often defer to my EWQL Plat, just to save time.

Cheers!!

Paul
    "International Award Winning Arabic Fusion"
    www.ajmusiconline.com

2xMac Pro 2.66, OS 10.4.9,Pro Tools 7.4.8,Waves Plat,Altiverb
    4xVisionDaw PC,NI Komplete, All Play 1.2.5 Libraries

Re: Sam Brass Classic Users?

I love SAM brass. I have the horns and trombones. I would consider upgrading if the samples were 24 bit, but I think it is the same 16 bit samples.

Smile Re: Sam Brass Classic Users?

Hi.
    I got mine since 10 days ago it is really amazing and worth it

Shakuman.

I've just bought it, but I'm waiting for the delivery

Can someone give us a small review of this library?
    Is it worth 350€?

Best,
    Justus
    rothermusic.de

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    Can someone give us a small review of this library?
    Is it worth 350€?
    I have the old version and really like it, except for some problems I outlined in my first post.

I am wondering if it is worth upgrading from the original.
    www.ajmusiconline.com

I've used the old library for a few years now and just upgraded to the Classic version.

Personally I think it's worth the minimal upgrade price (if you owned all of the libraries before). Everything is layed out more easily and there are some nice keyswitched versions of the major instruments.

There are also some really useful multis that allow you to do a "Symphobia" style brass approach.

I've always loved the sound of this library and the playability is improved with the new version. Although the legato mode can't really match something like VSL or WIVI, I've found the instruments to be far better for melodies than the original version.

As for buying it brand new if you didn't have the old library, I can't really offer an opinion. It's a comprehensive library for brass and pretty much an industry standard (particularly for videogames). It also combines well with other libraries like EW Gold if you're going for an epic sound.

Thanks for that assessment bluejay.

Was it easier to install than the other libraries?

I am assuming you have to reinstall all of the audio content??

Cheers

Paul
    www.ajmusiconline.com

Oh yes, the install is very quick and straightforward. You do have to install the new sounds but then I believe that some samples have been slightly altered from the originals.

Here's a quick piece of ambient music I wrote on Saturday. It hardly highlights the brass but all of the brass in the composition comes from Orchestral Brass Classic exclusively. It's mostly swells, clusters and soft brass chords underneath strings.

http://www.jamessemple.com/music/decay.mp3

bluejay - this was absolutely wonderful and totally convincing. If you told me this was your local orchestra I would have believed it. What other libraries and reverb did you use in this if you don't mind me asking?
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast