• Register
  • Help

Topic: Project update: 2 new pieces featuring GPO

Share/Bookmark

Project update: 2 new pieces featuring GPO

Hi guys,

these days I worked a lot to new tracks of my project "The End of The World", the "sequel", we can say, that follows the events narrated in "Square". In total, I made, in 3 days, 4 new tracks, of which, 2 featuring GPO: the 6th and the 7th track of this album:

6.The Leader Preparing To Fight

The intro is made by an electric guitar amplified with Guitar Rig 3 with the David Gilmour preset for "Hey You" from the album "The Wall" by Pink Floyd. Follows the drums, the strings and slowly the other instruments building in tension and growing in a crescendo (with the lead guitar making some technical solos) till the end with an orchestral chord of B major.

7.The Falling II ~ The Fight ~

The "II" which follows the title is 'cause the introductive theme is the leitmotiv from my original work "The Falling" from the album "Square". After the introduction of a SATB choir (rendered with EWQL Symphonic Choirs and Wordbuilder) with the words of the "Dies Irae", the entire orchestra enters with strenght in the piece. In the central part, there's a small rock band solo with the choir singing. It's short (1.34 minutes) because is programmed a "Reprise" for this.

Hope you'll enjoy. For the interested in this project, I made another piece which doesn't feature GPO but I think it's quite interesting.

2.Rockin' On This World

Previous links to the project:

1.Overture

15.Everything lost in this world

That's all for now. Sorry for the long post.

Regards,

Andrea.
    www.andreacomposer.com - News, previews, medias, discography and sheet music download.

"Square" - The debut album by Andrea Maria Ottavini

Available on http://cdbaby.com/cd/amottavini

Shortly even through iTunes, Napster, Great Indie Music and USA Stores.

Re: Project update: 2 new pieces featuring GPO

Andrea

I have listened to the first 2 and think that they are both very nice.

In the 2nd one you may have the piece a bit too hot. Just before the guitar comes in I hear somecrackling in the left ear which is usually a good sign of a bit too much volume.

Will listen to the non-GPO pieces now.

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Ron,

thanks for leaving a comment. I'll try to fix the volume as soon as possible. Anyway, I'm happy you liked both the pieces and I hope you liked even the non-GPO one. I hope to post soon some other tracks.

Best regards,

Andrea.
    www.andreacomposer.com - News, previews, medias, discography and sheet music download.

I also listened to the first two pieces. They sound well put together.

I'm not sure about the genre but I'm an oldie but moldy when it comes to rock.

I wish you success on your projects.

Hi Andrea, I think you've got a lot of talent but I'm not real sold on this genre of music. Maybe I'm too old, but I thought the promising beginnings of the first piece weren't developed into anything. The little two chord riff gets a little taxing after awhile. I also thought the percussion sound a bit too much in the mix. The second piece is more promising. It has an interesting beginning and goes in some unexpected directions. Sort of a rock opera sound.
    On the non GPO third piece, a nice rocker, the drums are loud as well. It's a good rendering of a rock band, maybe just re-mixed a bit. The string squeeks are pretty prominent at times.
    Hope the new year is a great one for you! John

Hi, Andrea

I've listened to "The Leader Preparing to Fight" this morning. You packed a lot of sound into the track, and I felt a dramatic, pensive mood from it.

I don't think I'm understanding the nature of your project though. Is this meant to be underscoring for a video game, something of that sort? Musically, this piece had a "one note" feel to it perhaps appropriate for something meant to be subordinate - Is that what you're doing?

Production-wise, the compression is extremely intense. The music is pumping very audibly, which happens with over-compression.

You produced 4 new tracks in 3 days?--!!---I'd like to suggest that this is perhaps too fast for arriving at finished pieces. In this track which I've just listened to, the Guitar lead sounds like an improvisation which would benefit from editing. It meanders and feels more like the start of an idea rather than a finished product.

A bit mysterious - I'll be listening to other parts of your project, but would like to better understand what it is you're putting together.

Randy B.

Nice work on these, Andrea... some very inventive
    lead work in Leader (though I would have wished for
    greater harmonic variety across the length of it).

Flight, with that wonderful choral intrada leading into
    and backing up the ripping guitar work -- this has a lot
    of potential... perhaps you might consider developing
    this further rather than ceasing the momentum after
    just getting us interested... lol!

Well done on this, Andrea.

My best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Hi - thanks for posting your songs here! There is great promise here! I felt a passion and intensity and that is what music is all about. The first song I would have to agree with the others that there needs to be more structure and change to keep the listeners attention. Improvising is good to an extent but like good design of anything, it has to be developed and tweaked until it is just right.

Way too much or too many EFX (reverb and compression...??) that only seem to cover up, obscure and distract from the music. Similar in the second piece - the background instruments covering up the solo guitar. When you emphasize everything, nothing is emphasized.

These are all issues that we and i all struggle with in various ways and degrees along the road of our own music and I wish you all the success and expect to hear more!!

Thanks again for posting!

Del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Of course, these pieces needs a lot of work for improvement. I'm working hard to improve the tracks. Those were a sort of demos, excluding the "Overture", posted some time ago and that, I think, can nearly be considered the only ready track for the project. Randy asked what is the nature of the project...well, it's a concept work, with a backgroud story, effectively meant to be performed live covering a sort of play or a movie. These pieces are only the surface of an ocean or the highest peak of an iceberg. There's a lot of work to do. The only thing I can say now it's that the next track will be something different, more lyric and soft, featuring a solo girl singing. I'm working with my friend to render this piece as well as possible. Hope I can show you the progress soon. That's all for now.

Best regards,

Andrea.

Go Back to forum