• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Pipe Organ

Share/Bookmark

New Pipe Organ

Dear All,

I was not visiting this forum for more than a year now, but I thought it would be nice to let you know about a recent development that resulted in a virtual pipe organ that played this, live:

http://www.contrebombarde.com/concerthall/music/620

I hope you like the music!

All the best,
    Csaba

Re: New Pipe Organ

Hello Csaba,

This is Joe Felice, the person who recorded the Bach Passacaglia and Thema Fugatum with the PAB Pipe Organ Library. I am simply amazed there has been no feedback from members of this forum.

Here is a chance for experienced organists and budding organists, alike, to have a state-of-the-art set of pipe organ samples literally at their fingertips at perhaps 0.1 to 0.01% of the cost of a real comparable instrument!

I, for one would ask the members of this forum whether they have taken the time to hear this magnificent instrument -- and if they did, why would one NOT comment about it?

Sincerely,

Joe <jcfelice88keys>

The majority of members of this forum would use existing software samplers which somewhat allow disk streaming.
    Though the product sounds good, forum members will not be active until it is in known format like Kontakt/Kompakt format.
    Kentaro Sato (Ken-P)
    Composer/Conductor/Orchestrator
    www.wisemanproject.com

Well played and beautifully registered on a stunning instrument. Thanks! Earl

Just how was this done, was the recording all on the MAC, was it all samples, what sampler did you use ? Its a nice sound.

I would have preferred the Passacaglia to have been slightly faster, to keep time with a slow walk, but its all subjective, isnt it.

EDIT: This piece has a lot of memories for me, very melancholy but not personal.
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Ok, you lazy gits. This is what was probably used:

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp...n-Samples.html

For more virtual organs, check out Fons Adriaensen's Aeolus:

http://www.kokkinizita.net/linuxaudio/aeolus/index.html
    Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, LinuxSampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland JX-10, 4GB RAM Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux 64 bit

Hi! A Kontakt version is not far to come - I just wonder how to manage with the large amount of sounds and possible combinations.

- Do you prefer having all the stops?

- How many pre-selected combinations would you like to have to work with?

I am no math expert but as far as I could see we can do around 6*10^26 of them . Anyway. 10? 50? 100? Even more?

I would like to have all the individual stops in my hands in addition to sounds of combination of stops. I do think it is essential for many of us to have samples in format like Kontakt or any other sampler format which can allow direct disk streaming to reduce the usage of memory.

It is just ridiculous to have 2G - 20G of memory to just load the sounds...
    Kentaro Sato (Ken-P)
    www.wisemanproject.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ken-P View Post
    I would like to have all the stops in my hands. That is why Kontakt format or any sampler which can allow direct disk streaming to reduce the usage of memory is essential.

It is just ridiculous to have 2G - 20G of memory to just load the sounds...
    It would be great if the Hauptwerk (software) uses direct disk streaming or similar technology.
    No it's the other way around; it's ridiculous to use disk streaming which limits your polyphony to around 124 voices for single SATA drive systems. An extremely large organ with 50 ranks with release samples for the reverb tail plays 100 voices for each key you press. Streaming samplers with such organ sets can play max 2 or three notes with all ranks active (called Tutti).
    HAUPTWERK however allows playback of 6.500+ voices from RAM. See http://www.crumhorn-labs.com/Hauptwe...olyphony.shtml
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Hi, Michiel. That is fair observation. But that is the reason why makers usually provide sounds of combination of the stops, in addition to individual stops.
    Kentaro Sato (Ken-P)
    www.wisemanproject.com

Go Back to forum