• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Keyswitching in Sonar

Share/Bookmark

GPO Keyswitching in Sonar

Backstory - I've been accessing the GPO instruments by rendering them in Finale and importing the audio files into Sonar. I bought GPO at the Christmas Sale (thanks, Gary) and am converting the audio tracks into more flexable (and hopefully better sounding) MIDI tracks.

I imported the MIDI from Finale and went through the rigamarole to get all of my inputs and outputs lined up. Now I get sound and modwheel control over the volume.

However, the patch is not responding to keyswitches. I can play the keyswitches live from my keyboard and the patch will respond, but not to the notes inserted in the MIDI track.

For instance, I inserted an F1 in the track right before I wanted a pizzicato sound, but the track continues to play arco.

Any ideas?

Re: GPO Keyswitching in Sonar

Quote Originally Posted by raweber View Post
    However, the patch is not responding to keyswitches. I can play the keyswitches live from my keyboard and the patch will respond, but not to the notes inserted in the MIDI track.
    Sounds like you have loaded the wrong patches, Ron. Remember, in Finale you'd use the "9. Notation" patches, that have KeySwitches in the lowest MIDI octave (MIDI 0 - MIDI 11) for uniformity across the notation patches, whereas the remaining patches have KeySwitches in the octave right belowe the playable notes in order to facilitate keyswitching during live playing.

No, all I brought in from Finale was the MIDI note data. I loaded in the GPO patch and programmed in the keyswitch myself in Sonar. According to the GPO documentation, "F1" is the keyswitch that should set the Section Strings>Violins 1>VLNS 1 KS to pizzicato.

It's not F2 is it? Does the Kontakt on-screen keyboard show the "0" octave?

I think Jon is onto something. I recently had a similar problem with another library in Sonar. Transposing the octaves for the keyswitches resulted in proper function.
    Paul Baker
    Baker's Jazz And More
    Austin, Texas, USA
    www.bakersjazzandmore.com

That was the ticket, Jon. Thanks again.

Go Back to forum