• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omni: Running on muliple computers?

Omni: Running on muliple computers?

Hey all,

I'm trying to run Omnisphere on 2 pcs linked using fx teleport. I have installed Omni on both PCs, with the sound libraries on both.

This seemed fine until I started saving custom multis and realised I'd have to keep copying patches between machines to ensure I have my saved multis on both machines.

I could point both Omnis to 1 sound library on 1 PC and use that, but I thought that with multiple Omnis running, having them point to different hard drives would improve performance. Am I right here?

If I am, is there an automatic way of synchronising both STEAM directories or would this risk messing up Omni's browser?

If anyone has any insights on this topic please post. Cheers,

Pittsburgh, PA 15206 USA

Re: Omni: Running on muliple computers?

I've already done similar for the sake of back up using .bat files.
    xcopy /s /D /Y \\A64\e\omnisp~1\steam\omnisp~1\settin~1\multis\us er\sk_mul~1\*.* \\nf7s\i\omnisp~1\a64\multis\user\sk_mul~1\
    xcopy /s /D /Y \\A64\e\omnisp~1\steam\omnisp~1\settin~1\patches\u ser\sk_mods\*.* \\nf7s\i\omnisp~1\a64\patches\user\sk_mods\

The spaces in u ser and us er were caused by the forum.
    Those should be user in both instances.

You could easily do it from one to the other if you understand DOS a bit.
    If not, then let me know and I'll help you out.

Re: Omni: Running on muliple computers?

You'll just need to be careful to refresh your multi browser in each instance after saving a multi from any instance.

- Glenn

Go Back to forum