• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bummed out over ILOK protected Library

Share/Bookmark

Angry Bummed out over ILOK protected Library

I have wasted the whole weekend trying to get my EastWest Platinum Plus Orchestral Library up and running on my new XP64 computer.
    The ILOK worked fine on my xp pro computer - I am now receiving error messages. The bottom line - I cannot get the ilok 64 driver to work.

I've tried asking for help on the Eastwest site and I am apparently locked out as the monitors will not allow my question to be posted - not cool Newer posts are apearing that were clearly made after my attempt to get help.

I have tried using 8 gigs of RAM, 2 gigs of Ram, firewall on and off, nothing changes the result of trying to have the computer recognize the ILOK.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Happy New Year everyone!
    www.williamwest.org

We are the makers of music and the dreamers of dreams.

Re: Bummed out over ILOK protected Library

William, are you able to see your ilok through the ilok website with their latest driver?
    The only time I got problem with mine, I uninstalled everything and then start over using the website version. If you can see it there, but the software do not start, it is clearly a problem with Play and not your ilok.

I don't blame the Play library - I see it as clearly ilok - but that said, I do blame Eastwest for choosing to use ilok over another more user friendly protocol to protect their product.

All is well with the ilok on my previous xp pro machine and comes up fine on my laptop (also xp). I just cannot get it to work on the xp64 platform.
    www.williamwest.org

...so I am in good company! Banishment is beginning to suit me

I have spent too many hours on ILOK downloading their drivers - i get an installation error everytime I install.

Saddly I thought my ILOK had died on me and went out and bought a new one....it wasn't the dongle that was the problem.

This AM I will begin hitting up tech support to try to rectify this - I just hope there is a solution.
    www.williamwest.org

iLok sucks big time. Look here for some experiences with it:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=228885

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=234017

Just hope you never run foul of their system. They won't be remotely interested.

Feeling guilty now.....I have to set the record straight for what it is worth.

1 After looking at the trouble shooting on the EW site I concluded no sound equeled no authorization.

2 At ILOK - they still can not recognize the dongle or its contents from my XP64 computer.

3 EASTWEST did not block me out of the forum -0 they just hadn't gone through my postings. (I have to admit I am very impatient and expect problems to be solved on the spot...wait til monday sends me off the deep end).

Problem Rectified:
    The issue with my play library not playing was simply that the IO was set simply to my Delta card when it should have been set to ASIO. The program works as it was intended to and sounds fantastic.

ILOK.com still does not see my Dongle or the contents as it is atached to my XP64 machine. This fact sent me down the wrong path to begin with.

As always, EASTWEST's customer support (via phone) fixed the problem - and as in the past, they were curtious, patient, and worked with me until the issue was solved. I really cannot thank them enough.

That said, let me get into more trouble.....my Waves bundles are also on the same blessed ILOK and their programs are not recognising the Licences on the ILOK as well....... Here I go again.....
    www.williamwest.org

Glad it worked out. I have had no problems with EW and my ILok. As angry as I have been with them lately, I certainly understand the need for copy protection. And I think that once you have a ILok installed it is a really good method (especially for the developers) and I am more than happy to comply with that form of protection.

I woke up with a headache the other morning and my first thought was, "Damn those guys at East/West - this is all their fault!"

Go Back to forum