• Register
  • Help

Topic: RTAS for Aria?

Share/Bookmark

RTAS for Aria?

I've just installed Garritan ARIA, and chose to install the RTAS version as well. But nothing shows up in my Protools plugin menus. What should I be looking for?

Mac Mini 2.0g dual core, OS X 10.5.5 (leopard), Protools 7.4.2

Thanks!

Re: RTAS for Aria?

Quote Originally Posted by dubtrain View Post
    I've just installed Garritan ARIA, and chose to install the RTAS version as well. But nothing shows up in my Protools plugin menus. What should I be looking for?

Mac Mini 2.0g dual core, OS X 10.5.5 (leopard), Protools 7.4.2

Thanks!
    Can you give us more details on exaclty which product you've installed?
    ARIA comes with a Garrtian product usually and there are various versions of it.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by David (plogue) View Post
    ARIA comes with a Garrtian product usually and there are various versions of it.
    I have the same question working on similar system (see my signature below). I received Garritan ARIA (v1.045) for the AKAÏ EWI USB I recently bought. Since it's working almost fine I was not able to find the Garritan Aria instrument's or library in my Protools (v. 7.4.2). So far my EWI is working fine with the Digidesign's Xpand! sample player as with Structure free. But It would be nice to use the Garritan sounds in PT. However I did check the RTAS Garritan plug-in during install... but, surprisingly the installation of it was 0 Ko!
    I also have a try with GarageBand wich worked fine and was able to use the VST Plugin in the instrument library...
    Furthermore, is is a way to import the instrument's patches from GArritan (xxxx.sfz) in a sample editor Protools compatible such as Structure, or maybe Kontakt3? (would prefer Structure as I wouldn't have to buy Kontakt for another 350$!), I tried to import those patches in Structure with no success nor for the "xxx.audio" samples.
    Is it a mac software able to handle those samples in ProTools or a sample converting app? or will Garritan improve Aria 1.045 to work as RTAS?

Finally, I'm experiencing some clicks in the sound as I'm playing my EWIUSB... What should I do, improve my cache memory, or what?...

I've got some corrections to propose for the Aria's AKAÏ EWIUSB quickstart manual that i would be happy to suggest at further occasion
    TGtl (Xcuse my poor English, I'm french speaking): macbookpro 15", 2Go RAM, 1,83GHz, OS X.5.6, ProTools LE 7.4.2, DVToolkit 2, MBox micro & DIGI002, AKAI EWIUSB, Garritan ARIA 1.045

Quote Originally Posted by David (plogue) View Post
    Sorry, didn't realize there were multiple versions. It's the one that came with the EWI USB, v.1.045. The stand-alone program works (albeit with a few lockups that required reinstallation, unfortunately, mostly when I tried to change some preferences), but even though I selected the RTAS option in the installer, nothing is apparent in Protools at all. No plug-in listed, no virtual instrument, etc.

What should I be looking for? Shouldn't the RTAS option put _something_ in the plug-ins folder? The manual is maddenly non-specific.

Thanks for your help!

P.S. Is there a way to change settings on the EWI USB (fingering mode, etc) without opening the Aria program?

Hi

The RTAS entry in the MAC installer is actually a misprint, there is no RTAS version of the EWI USB Sound Set available for the moment. Perhaps in a future update.

Sorry about that.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Thanks for the clarification, David. I'll keep my fingers crossed for an RTAS version in the near future!

Yes, i feel a bit disappointed by this misprint too... May I suggest that you to have hard work with the dev. team to fix this as soon as possible. Do you have answers for my other questions (i.e. how to import Aria 1.045's samples in an sample player and if so wich one? what about the clicks problem)
    thanks...
    TGtl (Xcuse my poor English, I'm french speaking): macbookpro 15", 2Go RAM, 1,83GHz, OS X.5.6, ProTools LE 7.4.2, DVToolkit 2, MBox micro & DIGI002, AKAI EWIUSB, Garritan ARIA 1.045

Go Back to forum