• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Topic: The Flying Dutchman

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Cool The Flying Dutchman

    THE FLYING DUTCHMAN


    After the sea battle, the French Bucchaneer L'Ollonais gives order to throw all corpses into the sea. The night is approaching. The Bucchaneers are tired.
    But something is seen in the distance of the black night. It's a huge phantom vessel, and it is sailing with incredible speed towards them.
    The Flying Dutchman is here. Captain Van Derdekken and his crew of ghost sailors are taking total control. They sneak down to the lower deck where all the slaves are kept. Terror spreads quickly. Women are dragged away onboard the Dutch phantom galleon. They dissappear in the fog. Nobody knows where they came from or where they are going.

  2. #2
    Senior Member bigears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    1,053

    Re: The Flying Dutchman

    Fred, I like the theme that you have written for this. It sounds great with the orchestra and again with the chorus. You have really given the bass players something to do with this piece!
    I hope no one was hurt in the making of this. Good work! It's always a treat when I see that you've posted a new piece. John

  3. #3

    Cool Re: The Flying Dutchman

    Quote Originally Posted by bigears View Post
    Fred, I like the theme that you have written for this. It sounds great with the orchestra and again with the chorus. You have really given the bass players something to do with this piece!
    I hope no one was hurt in the making of this. Good work! It's always a treat when I see that you've posted a new piece. John
    Hi John,

    The low Hull Creak sounds of the Dutch Galleon ship inspired me to write for the double basses, which are also accompanied by a low nice GPO tuba after a while

    Being in the middle of reading about the myths of the Caribbean pirates, I stumbled on the old legend of "The Flying Dutchman". This is of course not the first time I read about it. The first time was when I heard Richard Wagner's opera.

    Thanks for lending an ear!
    If you want, you are also free to download Captain L'Ollonais' "LOG BOOK"

    password to extract files is "pirate". Remember! You also need the program winrar, which is a free trial!


    Fred

  4. #4

    Re: The Flying Dutchman

    A satisfying nautical voyage, Fredrik; and with John,
    I took particular note of the double basses in places.
    This is almost a new genre if taken alone (rather
    than perhaps as cinematic backdrop) -- with the use
    of narrative-implying effects, spoken voice, and so on.
    The break-away into a rock idiom at the tail was
    quite unexpected... but it works!

    Interesting piece!

    My best,



    David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

  5. #5
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: The Flying Dutchman

    You're creating exciting tales using the sound effects and your spot on music.

    Yes, take all the women. For a good woman is worth her weight in gold. Hardy har, har.

    I enjoyed the story Fred.



    Phil

  6. #6

    Cool Re: The Flying Dutchman

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    A satisfying nautical voyage, Fredrik; and with John,
    I took particular note of the double basses in places.
    This is almost a new genre if taken alone (rather
    than perhaps as cinematic backdrop) -- with the use
    of narrative-implying effects, spoken voice, and so on.
    The break-away into a rock idiom at the tail was
    quite unexpected... but it works!

    Interesting piece!

    My best,



    David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Hi David,

    I agree! I think I have found the musical recipe that works best for me, lol!

    This way I can also save time and cost, entertaining without having to pay actors, stuntmen, producers, directors and extras!

    Thanks for another brilliant review!


    Fred

  7. #7

    Cool Re: The Flying Dutchman - Francis Drake

    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    You're creating exciting tales using the sound effects and your spot on music.

    Yes, take all the women. For a good woman is worth her weight in gold. Hardy har, har.

    I enjoyed the story Fred.



    Phil
    Hi Phil,

    In the next chapter our pirates are setting sails for the Isle of Pines, where Francis Drake once buried his gold in 1596, in the south west end of Cuba.

    Now, 70 years later, Captain L'Ollonais is on his way to find Drake's heavy chest!

    Share some bottles of rum with the captain's crew, on their way to find the treasure.


    Fred

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •