• Register
  • Help

Topic: Casio cdp 100 vs. Yamaha P80.

Share/Bookmark

Casio cdp 100 vs. Yamaha P80.

Hi folks,
    I am considering starting up with piano lessons and have been looking for digitalpianos. But as I cant play yet and know close to nothing I am in need of advice. After some research I've narrowed it down to one piano which I could buy brand new. The Casio cdp 100, but I have been offered a used Yamaha P80 pretty cheap but I don't know which I should choose.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.

Re: Casio cdp 100 vs. Yamaha P80.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesús View Post
    Hi folks,
    I am considering starting up with piano lessons and have been looking for digitalpianos. But as I cant play yet and know close to nothing I am in need of advice. After some research I've narrowed it down to one piano which I could buy brand new. The Casio cdp 100, but I have been offered a used Yamaha P80 pretty cheap but I don't know which I should choose.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.
    I don't know the casio, but I've been playing the P80 for a long time now (mostly Jazz). I still like it. When it was new - to my eyes (well, ears) - it had the best digital piano sound available. This, of course, has changed a little bit (however, its sound is still superior to that of some competitors). I am now using it as a MIDI master keyboard. Considering its mechanical quality, it is quite lite. Unfortunately it misses some basic MIDI functionality all newer master keyboards have. Again: I can't comment on the casio. Good luck with your decision.

mat123

I always liked the heavier action of casio's Previas, it's sound is pretty good for practice(Previa)but is not usable with a group. The Yamaha is good for live work and is considered professional. I owned 3 different Previas and gigged a couple times with them. While practising solo the previa seemed like a Steinway sample set. Live, with a band(loud) however, my left hand always sounded(through my Stage monitor) like somebody hitting a wood box with a hammer.

just my 2 cents

Thank you. I think I'll go for the Casio then. The Yamaha is not even a second hand piano. More like a third or fourth hand . And I'll have the warranty on the Casio because its new.

Go Back to forum