• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trilogy and Atmosphere on Pro Tools 8

Share/Bookmark

Trilogy and Atmosphere on Pro Tools 8

Before I make a stupid mistake I can run Trilogy and Atmosphere on PT8 on my PowerPC G5? I already have them on there as a sound source and because of the Intel problems, is it just Intel that crippled these babies or will I do something stupid? PT8 is cool and so that's no my question.
    Glenn/Eric?
    Cheers
    Russ

http://airvirtualinstruments.blogspot.com/
    It only takes a mouth to criticize, but it takes a heart to make a difference.

Re: Trilogy and Atmosphere on Pro Tools 8

I can't answer your question specifically, but I can tell you that right now there are a number of manufacturers of plug-ins that work fine in earlier versions of PT, but who are currently having problems with PT8.... on any machine. They are working on solutions. The solutions may come quickly and be minor fixes or they may not, but as of today, problems are being reported by several prominent manufacturers...as a scan of various forums will indicate. Personally, I wouldn't expect perfection just yet, and would wait awhile before before proceeding with any major projects involving third party plug-ins in PT8, and give the manufacturers time to catch up or make changes.................playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Quote Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
    Before I make a stupid mistake I can run Trilogy and Atmosphere on PT8 on my PowerPC G5? I already have them on there as a sound source and because of the Intel problems, is it just Intel that crippled these babies or will I do something stupid? PT8 is cool and so that's no my question.
    Glenn/Eric?
    Cheers
    Russ

I do, and you can! It is just the intel machine that causes the problems. That is why I am still on my G5 PPC happily using Atmosphere and Trilogy!

Peace

Rik Pfenninger

Sorry to be a pain Rick - you are running 8?
    It only takes a mouth to criticize, but it takes a heart to make a difference.

Not a pain at all. Yes, I am running Logic 8 on a PPC Mac G5 on the last system 10.4 update before Mac went to Leopard. Don't have my main computer in front of me right now so I can't give you the system version 10.4.6 or something like that. I have had zero problems! In fact, I am also running Omnisphere as well (which is well worth the $$).

Peace

Rik Pfenninger

Is there anyone running PT8 w/ Atmosphere and Trilogy in PT8... (not Logic)

Quote Originally Posted by balsampillow View Post
    Is there anyone running PT8 w/ Atmosphere and Trilogy in PT8... (not Logic)
    Yes you can . Install latest atmosphere and trilogy plugs and append .dpm
    in Library/Application support/Digidesign/plugins to those plugs .They should then look like this.
    Trilogy RTAS OSX.dpm
    Atmosphere RTAS OSX.dpm

This only works for PPC not Intel. The Intel wrappers dont work at all with PT8 yet.

It sounds crazy but it does work . Posted by GlennO from Spectrasonics a few weeks ago. Check their website for more info on this . I did this and it works on a PPC Dual 2.5 Leopard 10.5.5/PT8

Go Back to forum