• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Amazing Grace

Amazing Grace ~ Final Mix & Master

This is my go to song when I need a break...I'm slowly getting it finished. LOL

I did the arrangement back when I was in Grade School.

This track is mixed and mastered.

Okay....My 7 year old listened to the tracks I was going to add and told me flat out...DUMP THEM. Go with the mix changes and call it done.

These are the words from Gabe (Little Bubba) Cartozian, my son who is slightly autistic. He has sat in on recording sessions and been here while I mix and master.......if it stinks he will tell you...if it is good to go...he says so..................................

............so here is the final mix and master of my arrangement and recording of Amazing Grace.

Little Bubba says so..................

So let it be written...so let it be done.

I love this Kid!!!!!!!
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

Central Illinois

Re: Amazing Grace

Hi, I like this "hippified" version of the familiar old hymn. You have some serious low frequency going on in this. I listened through my 5.1 system, with the sub on a real moderate setting, and I felt the room shaking and vibrating a bit. The big backing works out well, I still felt the reverence and calm of the familiar melody. Thanks for sharing again, it was amazing all right! John

Thanks John.

It had the windows here rattling so I knew I was good to go....or as they say, Huston, WE HAVE LIFT OFF.

I will try to add some more orchestra to it in a day or two....................

..I have to make a beer run first.

This venerable standard is a special favorite of mine,
    Hippie -- I enjoyed this broad, contemporary treatment
    of it, though! There's a majesty to this that well
    befits the hymn and its sentiments.

My best,

David Sosnowski

Shelton, Washington State

It felt as if the heavens themselves were upon us.

That was pretty awesome!

this was well done - nice, simple, and grand. i love synth sounds, so this worked well for me.

you would have been a great film composer for 80's fantasy movies. the never ending story ain't got nothin' on you.
    -Keith Fuller

iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Nice job, Hippie.
    Holding back on the tempo was just right for this version.
    Don't know what it meant, but I saw purple, moving clouds as I listened with my eyes closed.

Thanks for the listen and the comments guys. I happy that all of you got the same feeling I did from the track.

Gary, don't ask me why, BUT....on songs like this I always have wanted to hear then slower.........................

Hey Keith..."you would have been a great film composer for 80's fantasy movies" ......... That's me...a day late a dollar short, maybe they will make a come back. LOL

Very deliberate and pensive........A great way to
    display this great hymn. Listening to it gives the
    listener a chance to reflect on a lot of things personal
    to themselves. That's what good music does.....makes
    people "think."

Thanks for the musical experience. Really great.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Thank you Jack.

I am working on the mix some more to smooth some spots out and give it a smoother wave of sound when it all hits and I'll try to add some more orchestra.

If the additions don't work I always got the delete button. LOL

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast