• Register
  • Help

Topic: Advice on running Ominsphere on a slave: how to host?

Share/Bookmark

Advice on running Ominsphere on a slave: how to host?

Hello,

I'm trying to get Omnisphere running on a PPC G5 Slave like I do Kontakt, but had the sudden realization that unlike Kontakt, Omnisphere does not have a "stand alone app" and requires a host. At first I thought I could just use Logics Main Stage, but apparently apple does not allow any part of Logic Studio to run on multiple computers at once. BUMMER!

So, any ideas on a cheep way to do this?

Thanks!

Re: Advice on running Ominsphere on a slave: how to host?

vstlord is a free host that works great with Omnisphere

http://arne.knup.de/?page_id=32

Thanks for the suggestion! I have a question though, since Logic uses AU, will I run into any problems using a VST Host? I'm assuming no, since the VST host is running on a different computer, but thought I'd ask.

Omnisphere comes with VST and AU versions.
    Simply use the VST one in VSTlord

IMHO - Logic Nodes!

I have not tested Omnisphere in Nodes, but 3rd party AU support is there.

Should allow the G5 to host Omni, and use automation from Logic.

Ok.. Spectrum has pointed out my assumptive error. Sry
    Mac PPC 2ghz dual, 1.67 ghz PPC 17" lappy, Samson 65a, Logic 8.01 (dont use), Live 8.05 suite (dont fix what aint broke), Skull collection & Howling dogs.

nope....not for instruments.

its $50, but.. RAX from Audiofile Engineering. Worked good for my buddy to use Atmosphere on his old Powerbook, after switching to Intel (before wrapper).

http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/rax/
    Mac PPC 2ghz dual, 1.67 ghz PPC 17" lappy, Samson 65a, Logic 8.01 (dont use), Live 8.05 suite (dont fix what aint broke), Skull collection & Howling dogs.

Greetings board.

Curious to hear from more people successfully running Omnisphere on a slave system.

Anyone using it with Rax? Loading up Omnisphere on Rax seems to crash the program for me. That's on my G5 running 10.4.9.

Also, how does one solve the tempo sync problem? Perhaps I'm missing something, but is there a way to have the tempo in Omnisphere be slaved to my DAW on my master computer? If not, that severely hampers my ability to use it effectively...how do we deal with a tempo change?

Very curious about how to solve that problem. Open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks!
    Rob

If you have Logic 8 why not try Mainstage.

Go Back to forum