• Register
  • Help

Topic: opinions on Kirk Hunter Virtuoso Strings?

Share/Bookmark

opinions on Kirk Hunter Virtuoso Strings?

I see some of you have been working with Kirk Hunter samples. What do you think of them? I\'m still undecided as to what to buy.
    Gabriel

Re: opinions on Kirk Hunter Virtuoso Strings?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gabriels:
    I see some of you have been working with Kirk Hunter samples. What do you think of them? I\'m still undecided as to what to buy.
    Gabriel
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gabriel,

Kirk Hunter Strings is awesome for that \"Media Ventures\" Hollywood sound.

If you want a more \"Classical\" sounding string library, GOS is the one.

To make matters even more complicated, there is a new library soon to be released called \"Symphonic Strings\" by Sonic Implants or something. I believe it\'s somewhat similar to GOS with many articulations and what not. The \"hype\" is it is better than GOS.

Hope this helps

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Do you have URLs or other pointers on this rumor?

Peter

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterRoos:
    Hi Kevin,

Do you have URLs or other pointers on this rumor?

Peter
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Peter,

I received this email from Sonic Implants.

In general, the product will be ready in late March, April. It has a very large number of articulations with 3-4 velocity splits on all articulations, release samples on all notes, gorgeous quality. The reaction at the NAMM show was fantastic. Absolutely everybody prefered it over the Garatan Strings which we were happy to hear. Strong endorsements from some major holywood composers as well. Product will initially ship in Gigasampler format and be in the range of 16-20 CD ROM Set or DVD set. Pricing isn\'t finalized but will be in the $1200 range.

Hope this helps

Kevin

Sounds interesting (but not for me, just got GOS and will stick to that, not being a pro). 16-20 CD\'s, kind of inflation... :-)

Has anyone in the group experiences with other Sonic Implant libraries (re the general quality level)?

And, who actually heard demos at Namm?

Curiously,

Peter Roos

Interesting, Kevin. I\'d love to hear some demos. Even though Gary\'s library is awesome, you can never get enough of strings $1200 though.. Will probably be some time before I can make the priority to buy this.

You got my attention here. I agree with Simon, GOS is fantastic, but I can never get enough strings to unfortunately .
    1200 bucks....ouch. I would really love to hear a demo.

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 01-22-2002).]

I heard them a little bit at NAMM. Very nice sounding strings although the patches still sounded synthetic in the top range. Don\'t know if they have implemented things such as the legato mode and the auto alternating that Maestro Tools produces for GOS. David Govett played with them for awhile - maybe he can jump in and give his opinion.

Go Back to forum