• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: My father

My father

Hi everyone,

Just as I was planning to and had started to get more involved again with this wonderful forum, my father passed away New Years Day. Although this was unexpected, my dad did have a long, fulfilled life of 83 years.

My dad and I were very close and shared a lot of father/son memories, so this has been pretty tough to take. I have returned to San Diego to take care of my mom -- who has been incredibly strong so far -- and to say good-bye to Dad. I've been in touch with a couple of my good forum friends while I'm here, and their support has been very comforting to me.

So, my return to regular forum visits has once again been delayed. But I will be back!! I just need a little time....

Re: My father

My sincerest regrets - your Dad will always be with, know that his love goes with you on your journey through life.

We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Danny - Thanks for letting us be with you right now. Passing of our parents - very tough milestones in our lives. There's no rush to get beyond what is currently happening in your life, the lives of your family members.

I've sat awhile in quiet contemplation after reading your post, thinking of my own father's passing almost 10 years ago. Just now I was very able to smile without a heavy heart, but I certainly wasn't able to 10 years ago.

Be there with your mother during these moments and live them fully. Your father deserves a slow and thoughtful farewell.

Take care.

Randy B.

My condolances. I've not lost anyone close thus far and I consider myself rather lucky (then again I'm rather young, only 31 years old). I've no idea how I will react to such a loss.

Take care of yourself and everyone else in your family, as they will take care of you as well.

My deepest sympathies. Words are difficult and sometimes hollow in this situation, but know that you have the support of many around the world. It's been almost four years since my father passed, and I teared up just reading the title of your post. Many are the times I've missed having him here to share in my joys, but then I realize that he's been here all along and that bond is renewed. Devote your energies to your family in this time. They need you and you need them. We hope to see you back here soon.
    Paul Baker
    Baker's Jazz And More
    Austin, Texas, USA

Hi Danny,

I am so sorry to read this.
    It is such a blessing that your Mom is doing so great.

I will be praying for you and your Mom.

Be strong... your Dad raised a very talented and giving person.

adding my condolences,

Pacific Northwest

My deepest sympathy as well. As others have said, the passing of parents is very tough.

Words fall short, but I truly am sorry for your loss. I will certainly be praying for you and your family.

Steve Winkler

I'm sorry to hear it, I keep your family in my prayers. My sincerest condolences.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

I send you my support in all ways, Mr. Danny - my friend. I am so sorry.

My best to you and your family.
    Larry G. Alexander

Go Back to forum