• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Action Theme for GPO and other libr.

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb Action Theme for GPO and other libr.

Hi my dear friends,

so after a long rest...first of all my dear fellows a happy new year-2009 and and all the best for you and the world..peace, love and understanding..

My tune here was written for large orchestra and was used as a tune of action theme series.

GPO have has been used and a couple of added libr. too.

I hope you enjoy and comments always very welcome.

Listen: http://www.box.net/shared/63rlusv3k9

All my best

JL

Re: Action Theme for GPO and other libr.

Jaques, Thanks for your wishes for the New Year. I think most of the country is emotionally exhilarated and hopeful after the election. We sure could use some peace and love right now. I believe our future is tied to our ability to understand and respect those who are not like us.

Your piece was also exhilarating. You sure have made good use of your libraries of sounds. There was a feeling of great tension in this piece and a sense of building up to something. Great use of percussion. Some big hits in this, I'll bet you have the meters pegged! Thanks for sharing and good luck to you also. John

Very intriguing!! I loved it ... a bit Strawinsky influenced?

Raymond

Hello, Jaques

First let me heartily agree with what John "Big Ears" said about the wonderful new hope the world has in the wake of our presidential election here in The States. 2009 now does have the chance of being a turning point for the better, for everyone world wide. So thank you from me also for your well wishes for a happy new year.

Your piece--Nice! It certainly captures the style and sound of modern cinematic action music.

I really liked the swirling vocals you moved in and out throughout the piece.

It's a pastiche of random bits, mostly rhythmically driven, as many action sequences in movies.

The one thing I was hoping for was variety in the tempo. This is relentlessly the same tempo throughout and with the same chugging rhythm.

In a film, what you've written would have to be perhaps one long chase where there aren't any surprises and changes in the action. But that isn't what happens in most action sequences. There are sudden pitfalls, set backs for the hero, new threats, new courses of action etc. Every time there's a new element in the action sequence, it's the opportunity for a change in the tempo, for a new element to momentarily swirl the music in a new direction.

Instead, this is one un-changing mood which though it sounds in essence like a movie sound track, is actually too static in its unchanging mood. Do you see what I mean?

Thanks for the post, it does manage to sound in part like the movie sound tracks you were emulating.

Randy B.

Dear John,

thank you for your kind words. Yeah.. peace is a so important thing to these most wonderful of all worlds - everything has to be done with love and understanding of other realities and cultures..and the most important thing to understand is that this is not "our" world.. it is a unique jewel in the cosmos and we have here a lot of responsibility for what we doing on this planet.. ..yeah I think that for your country- that this vote was a milestone and huge change in policy for your society - I wish you all the best for the future..

Thanks for your very useful analyse to my tune. I enjoy always that other professionals listen and enjoying my comps. Thank you so much..

My best

JL

Quote Originally Posted by bigears View Post
    Jaques, Thanks for your wishes for the New Year. I think most of the country is emotionally exhilarated and hopeful after the election. We sure could use some peace and love right now. I believe our future is tied to our ability to understand and respect those who are not like us.

Your piece was also exhilarating. You sure have made good use of your libraries of sounds. There was a feeling of great tension in this piece and a sense of building up to something. Great use of percussion. Some big hits in this, I'll bet you have the meters pegged! Thanks for sharing and good luck to you also. John

Dear Randy,

thank you for your detailed considerations on my comp.
    I agree totally with you regarding your consid. of changing tempo. For a real movie situation.
    This tune was written for a movie library. It is acually not a really - speedy - action tune ..it's more a spooky - little mysterie - stravinskily - mood which I'm trying to capture here.
    The constance of tempo was actually used for static reasons..and was a precondition from the library management. You absolutely right in tempo considerations for a real movie scene...there for shure I had change tempo - tonality - mood of course and bringing more suprise things happen from moment to moment.

Thank you very much for these considerations..very good !..

All my best

JL

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hello, Jaques

First let me heartily agree with what John "Big Ears" said about the wonderful new hope the world has in the wake of our presidential election here in The States. 2009 now does have the chance of being a turning point for the better, for everyone world wide. So thank you from me also for your well wishes for a happy new year.

Your piece--Nice! It certainly captures the style and sound of modern cinematic action music.

I really liked the swirling vocals you moved in and out throughout the piece.

It's a pastiche of random bits, mostly rhythmically driven, as many action sequences in movies.

The one thing I was hoping for was variety in the tempo. This is relentlessly the same tempo throughout and with the same chugging rhythm.

In a film, what you've written would have to be perhaps one long chase where there aren't any surprises and changes in the action. But that isn't what happens in most action sequences. There are sudden pitfalls, set backs for the hero, new threats, new courses of action etc. Every time there's a new element in the action sequence, it's the opportunity for a change in the tempo, for a new element to momentarily swirl the music in a new direction.

Instead, this is one un-changing mood which though it sounds in essence like a movie sound track, is actually too static in its unchanging mood. Do you see what I mean?

Thanks for the post, it does manage to sound in part like the movie sound tracks you were emulating.

Randy B.

I love it!! Very nice orchestration, rendering.....everything. The trumpet passages are especially nice. That sort of tonguing is difficult to sequence I think. Very nice job.

Thanks for posting this.

Steve Winkler

Bravo, Jaques!

Bold, powerful writing with innovative use of the
    orchestra and percussive and vocal resources.
    What a pleasure!

All my best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

There is a lot of energy and excitement here. I think you've achieved your goal of good action soundtrack music.

It's all well done.

Phil

This sounds really good. I really have only 1/2 of an orchestrated song to my name, so I'm no expert, but I think you did a good job of making this sound "real." This kind of thing should hopefully inspire me to make less generic sounding arrangements next time around.

I did hear a little distortion in some parts. I figure you wouldn't let this through on the final mixdown, but I figured I'd let you know just in case it slipped through.
    Boz Millar

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast