• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Topic: Chris hein soprano and windcontroller?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Chris hein soprano and windcontroller?

    Hi,
    great sound, but i was wondering how well does this library work with a windcontroller?
    I just heard the ' little wing ' demo and that is great.
    I guess using a windcontroller (ewi/wx) you cant be using the different velocity samples?


    thanks
    Bart

  2. #2

    Re: Chris hein soprano and windcontroller?

    Quote Originally Posted by bartp View Post
    Hi,
    great sound, but i was wondering how well does this library work with a windcontroller?
    I just heard the ' little wing ' demo and that is great.
    I guess using a windcontroller (ewi/wx) you cant be using the different velocity samples?


    thanks
    Bart
    Hi Bart,
    just got my EWI USB a few days ago and tried Chris´ libraries yesterday evening. There have to be made some modifications but I´m quite sure that Chris works something out when he gets the right input.
    The Akai is rather versatile in terms of controller output and CHH are rather versatile in terms of controller assignment. You can route both pitch bend plates (assuming you use 2 different #cc) to effects like falls or doits or growls or shakes, this is pretty cool.
    Unfortunately Kontakt doesn´t understand aftertouch (I´f I´m not misinformed) so you have to assign a different controller within the Akai software. You could assign #cc1 and hence control vibrato......
    I´ll try to find some more solutions during the next days.
    best regards
    Raindog

  3. #3

    Re: Chris hein soprano and windcontroller?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raindog View Post
    Hi Bart,
    just got my EWI USB a few days ago and tried Chris´ libraries yesterday evening. There have to be made some modifications but I´m quite sure that Chris works something out when he gets the right input.
    The Akai is rather versatile in terms of controller output and CHH are rather versatile in terms of controller assignment. You can route both pitch bend plates (assuming you use 2 different #cc) to effects like falls or doits or growls or shakes, this is pretty cool.
    Unfortunately Kontakt doesn´t understand aftertouch (I´f I´m not misinformed) so you have to assign a different controller within the Akai software. You could assign #cc1 and hence control vibrato......
    I´ll try to find some more solutions during the next days.
    best regards
    Raindog
    Kontakt does understand aftertouch. But KSP does not inherently support it.

  4. #4

    Re: Chris hein soprano and windcontroller?

    Quote Originally Posted by tfishbein82 View Post
    Kontakt does understand aftertouch. But KSP does not inherently support it.
    You´re right. My fault. Makes integrating aftertouch in those heavily script based instruments pretty impossible at the moment.
    Raindog

  5. #5

    Re: Chris hein soprano and windcontroller?

    Quote Originally Posted by bartp View Post
    I guess using a windcontroller (ewi/wx) you cant be using the different velocity samples?
    Sure you an.
    If you own an EWI, send me a mail, we'll se if we can work something out.
    All features are customizable and it wouldn't be a big issue to create a special
    EWI version of the instrument with adjusted controllers and settings.

    @ Raindog,
    thanks or sending me the details about the EWI controllers.

    Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

  6. #6

    Re: Chris hein soprano and windcontroller?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hein View Post
    Sure you an.
    If you own an EWI, send me a mail, we'll se if we can work something out.
    All features are customizable and it wouldn't be a big issue to create a special
    EWI version of the instrument with adjusted controllers and settings.
    Thanks for your support! I'm also very interested in playing the soprano with the EWI USB.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •