• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mod Wheel on KP2 Jumping to 127

Share/Bookmark

Mod Wheel on KP2 Jumping to 127

Hey, all --

This weird thing happens with the mod wheel on the Kontakt Player 2 with certain tracks, or maybe samples?
    I'm using GarageBand 08 and using the 'Musical Typing' feature. I'll choose my GPO sample, set it up in KP2 to a good volume and such, hit the record button, but when I press a key to play the timbre of the sample is just so harsh and LOUD. I'll click back to KP2 to check out what's going on and the mod wheel is set to 127 -- which I didn't set it to. I can attest that it is especially painful when it's a Trumpet overlay.

It doesn't happen all the time, most of the time the sample is recorded at the same mod wheel level I originally set the sample to. I can't figure this out. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: Mod Wheel on KP2 Jumping to 127

Hello, AQ Ink

The Mod Wheel in KP2 is only meant for previewing a sound. You can't use it to set volumes in your project.

The volumes are controlled by CC1 through the real Mod Wheel on your keyboard, or drawn in inside your sequencer. That CC1 data has to be recorded in your tracks.

Randy B.

Ahhh okay. I sure feel silly now. I was just getting ideas down and mainly focusing on the timing and such, so I guess that's how I got mixed up there.

Thanks for your quick reply!

Quote Originally Posted by AQ Ink View Post
    Ahhh okay. I sure feel silly now. I was just getting ideas down and mainly focusing on the timing and such, so I guess that's how I got mixed up there.

Thanks for your quick reply!
    Mod wheel jumping?

You ought to see me jump when beer is on sale.

Don't feel silly, you should have seen some of the stuff I asked.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Go Back to forum