• Register
  • Help

Topic: how old is that banner?!

Share/Bookmark

how old is that banner?!

How old is that GPO banner that flashes away at the top of the forum?! Its been there for as long as i can remember. Is it ever going to get updated to match the rest of the Garritan website?

Also who is that black and white picture of in it? it flashes up near the beginning o the advert.

Re: how old is that banner?!

There are many things I wonder
    There are many things I don't
    It seems as though the things I wonder most
    Are the things I never find out -- The Shaggs

i never really gave it a hard look. it looks like someone who used flash for a week decided to make it - constant moving, bright colors, fade in/outs... time for an update.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Quote Originally Posted by BenNichols View Post
    Also who is that black and white picture of in it? it flashes up near the beginning o the advert.

I think it is etLux.

Raymond

I don't know but it gives the web site a sort of old world flavor don'tcha think?
    Styxx

LOl---What a funny observation. - Hmmmm, I've noticed that banner forever also, but have always liked it and still do.

The implication here is that because it's been up for so long, for the benefit of web surfers seeing it for the first time, that it's somehow out of date looking? I don't see that it all--You're just overly familiar with it, and you know what they say familiarity breeds.

Naaaah, there's too much thinking of things as out of date when all we really mean is we want new/different stimulation.

Feisty Randy

I've had Flash since it was a wee spark and I couldn't do that

That banner has been up a while. We're trying for a Guinness World record of banner longevity.

The old banner has served us well and is good for newcomers. But you deserve flashy new banners.

It is time to do new banners. That's on the list of things to do.

Maybe we should have a banner creation contest?

Gary

Go Back to forum