• Help

Topic: Fables of Faubus

Share/Bookmark

Fables of Faubus

Here's an attempt at a piece by Charles Mingus. Mostly JABB and GPO

http://www.box.net/shared/4yfaftryeu
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Re: Fables of Faubus

Hi Derek! Thanks for sharing this piece. Now I've got that little riff stuck in my head! Nice job with the "boys in the band" on this. I liked the different flavors as they took turns with it. Regards, John

Did nobody notice that in my hurry to get it on the forum I mastered it twice, no wonder it sounds awful, I exported it in Cubase as a wave file which was too big, so I exported the wave file as mp3 instead of exporting the tracks, but forgot to bypass the effects at the end of the chain, so it went through them twice. I didn't listen to the mp3 until later - oops sorry
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

I think you did a good job on this piece.

I'm not a jazz buff but I do like to listen to it now and then, especially the older stuff.

Phil

Nice job on this quirky Mingus piece, Derek.
    His excursions are always fascinating to me.

Much enjoyed the listen!

Best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Virtual Mingus!---What an excellent and challenging source of material for you to work with. And I think you did a fabulous job of it, buckshead.

I'm hearing an updated MP3, right? I saw your post saying you accidentally mastered the original twice, doubling the reverb--But what I heard sounds fine, so this must be an update?---(Reminder to yourself--NEVER post something without listening to your files carefully!)

Thanks for the Mingus treat. Love it.

Randy B.

Go Back to forum