• Register
  • Help

Topic: unresponsive instrument controls

Share/Bookmark

unresponsive instrument controls

Hello all,

New GPO user here working in Logic 8 on a MacBook Pro. I'm wondering why the Portamento and VibSpd controls seem to have no audible changes on any of the instruments I've tried adjusting them on. Other instrument controls (Var, ModWheel, Length) seem to be working just fine, but having tried to adjust port on a handful of different instruments (solo violin, trumpet, clarinet), I haven't been able to get any results. The same goes for VibSpd (tried on Flute solo KS and French Horn solo KS). Tried looking around for some strange setting or option that I may have missed, but with no luck.

Surely this must have something to do with my overall ignorance of the library or KP2. Either way it's frustrating not having these very important parameters at my disposal.

thanks in advance,
    Nate

Re: unresponsive instrument controls

Quote Originally Posted by natedugiturner View Post
    Hello all,

New GPO user here working in Logic 8 on a MacBook Pro. I'm wondering why the Portamento and VibSpd controls seem to have no audible changes on any of the instruments I've tried adjusting them on. Other instrument controls (Var, ModWheel, Length) seem to be working just fine, but having tried to adjust port on a handful of different instruments (solo violin, trumpet, clarinet), I haven't been able to get any results. The same goes for VibSpd (tried on Flute solo KS and French Horn solo KS). Tried looking around for some strange setting or option that I may have missed, but with no luck.

Surely this must have something to do with my overall ignorance of the library or KP2. Either way it's frustrating not having these very important parameters at my disposal.

thanks in advance,
    Nate
    VibSpd will change the speed of vibrato. But you need to use aftertouch to get vibrato. The other controller will just affect its speed.

Portamento will only affect transitions when the sustain pedal is down (or CC64=127).

Re: unresponsive instrument controls

Man, I love easy answers. Switched from my little Ozone (with no aftertouch or pedal plugged in) over to the Triton and all is well.

thanks for the quick reply tfish.

N.

Go Back to forum