• Register
  • Help

Topic: Concierto de Aranjuez

Los Angeles

Concierto de Aranjuez

I recently acquired Bolder Sounds Classical Guitar. I made an effort to duplicate the guitar work in Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquin Rodrigo. I'm using KH Emerald for Orchestra. I've been reading in this forum to improve my overall mix. When I began this hobby I would load up on reverb. I keep cutting it back farther and farther. In this piece I'm using dry samples most of which are set to mono and adding a slight 1.3 second reverb to the mix. The song ends abruptly - a work in progress.

Central Illinois

Re: Concierto de Aranjuez

Hi, Just happened to see your post and have given a listen to your work.
    This is sounding pretty good to me. I have played on the nylon string guitar for many years and can appreciate the difficulty of working with the samples.
    The main thing that catches my attention is on the little runs on the treble strings, all the attacks seem too strong. Most of the piece where there is the strumming effect (chords) the guitar samples work well. You didn't say what software you are working with, but I would try editing to lower the velocities on those areas I mentioned and see if you can tame those attacks.
    Great work on this wonderful piece! John

Go Back to forum