• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Symphony nr.1 - part 1

Symphony nr.1 - part 1

I've been busy. One thing that is not present on my website is this new piece, I'd wished you to comment on. Today I found out that some sentences sounded familiar to me and yes - some of the idiom had been used by Berlioz in another setting; Harold en Italy. I think it is inevitable using already written melodies without knowing where it comes from.

Two other parts follow soon.

Symphony nr1. part 1

Visit my website

Re: Symphony nr.1 - part 1

Raymond, I will not diminish this work with the
    sin of too many words, as it speaks boldly for itself.
    Magnificent in its breadth and depth; be certain
    I shall return to it, and that I greatly look forward
    to the completion of it!

With admiration,

David Sosnowski

What David said!

now I'll crawl back into my little studio room and add some orchestra to some rock n roll I did last year. LOL

Maybe I should try selling insurance.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

Quite an undertaking Raymond.

And, a very in-depth portrayal of symphonic
    writing. Your orchestration is very well thought out
    and the rendering makes the performance sound
    like one is in a concert hall. Very well done.

Will revisit also in the near future.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Nicely done, your samples handling is very good.

I have more a Bartok feeling than Berlioz but anyway your music has a lot of presence.

Thank you all. Yes, it is quite an undertaking. I'd planned to do this in three months, but one never knows. Serge, that Bartok feeling, I don't know, but this afternoon I checked Harold en Italy and I managed to have quite the same development towards the first climax as Berlioz has in the first part of that Viola Concerto(quasi Symphony). Not quite all the way, I started and developed it differently, but you know it is like a poem about love. Everybody uses somewhere the same sort of sentences, slightly different, but the theme and motiv are the same.

Visit my website

Thumbs up Re: Symphony nr.1 - part 1

Hi Raymond,

Nice to have you back again on the forum! What great drama you are presenting!
    Your orchestration has the sophistication of Berlioz, he seems to be present spiritually, lol!

I love the serious bass section introducing the theme at start... GRAND! The high strings coloured with flutes are also a feast for the ears.
    Some of the "Pre-Classic Period" masters like Gluck shines through in the orchestration, such as the beautiful flute part (at 5:50 min into the piece.)

The Lisztian, Faust-symphony or "Les Préludes" like eruption at time: 8:40 feels very sincere and powerful. The augmented chords add to the prolongued tension, like in a early Schönberg symphonic poem. The main theme is well articulated and contemplated through both the consonant and dissonant episodes.
    The use of the excellent GPO tremoli strings is well placed.

Overall, this is surely the most impressive effort from you so far.
    A real piece of art that has the epic tone of the classical masters, which is more and more seldomly heard these days!

Impressive! A mature and Romantic opening, which ends in minor like an open question to the listener.

A great achievement! A piece of music history from a "Romantic" Dutchman.

With a new alias, like a Phoenix, you have returned, risen and become purified through fire!

Bellingham, WA

All I can do, after listening to your work, is to endorse all that has been said.
    It is obvious that you are a skilled composer--I would like to know about you, your location, your background and what you are using to get such authentic renderings.
    Elegant writing!

sosmus (Steve)

Shelton, Washington State

This was great to listen to.

What a nice post!

Central Illinois

Hi, I just figured out the new moniker. Welcome back, and thanks for such an overwhelming symphonic gift. This is a great effort that you have presented.
    I'm not knowledgeable enough to say more, except Bravo! John

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast