• Register
  • Help

Topic: Moving Garritan products to new computer

Share/Bookmark

Moving Garritan products to new computer

Just a song of lamentation...
    I'm installing my programs and libraries on a new computer in my new studio. Cubase and Wavelab is running fine (just move the USB key to the new computer).
    But I have problems with the Garritan ones. They need (as you all know) autorization through the Native Service Center, and I can't get it to work. First message was that the installed service program was outdated. Second was "wrong password". Thats of course my fault, but I really don't remember my password for the service center which I chose 3 years ago (I'm still waiting for a new one).
    So the Steinberg USB-dongle (security key) is something I would'nt mind having for my JABB and GPO as well.
    Maybe the ARIA thing will be simpler...
    Take care! /engson

Re: Moving Garritan products to new computer

Anders,

The best thing to do is just call Native Instruments and they can with your password and get you up and running. Soon we'll have GPO ARIA and hopefully registration will be easy.

Best,

Gary

Thanks Gary!
    Will do that.
    And yes, I'm looking forward for the Aria GPO.

Hi, Engson

I went through the hassle of getting all my Garritan Libraries on my new laptop a few months ago. It wasn't easy, starting with needing to recall what email address I'd used when I originally registered things. It took me awhile, with that not terribly intuitive registration interface at NI, but after working with it a few days, it all worked out.

Passing on the encouragement.

Randy B.

Randy... thanks for replying.
    I'm sure this will get sorted out... I just wanted my GPO to work NOW....
    Have contacted Native through email and might call them tomorrow if needed. It really sounds promising that you got it to work...

Cool Re: Moving Garritan products to new computer

I just copied my drive and installed the new drive corrected any errors with disk warrior NI service center updates the authorization no problem this way plus you dont have to go through long installs

. . . . <The Garritan Products> (as you all know) autorization through the Native Service Center, and I can't get it to work. First message was that the installed service program was outdated. Second was "wrong password". Thats of course my fault, but I really don't remember my password for the service center which I chose 3 years ago (I'm still waiting for a new one).
    Sorry to read that it's taking a while for you to get the password from Native Instruments. I wonder if there is a more direct way to get your old password or get assigned a new one??!!??

But, I believe, getting that password will be the best solution to your situation.

As you probably know, one is able to legally install a Native-Instrument product on two computers. So, if you need to install a Native-Instrument product on a THIRD and different computer (for whatever reason), one will first need to de-activate one installation of the product on one of the two older computers. This is all done, for good or for bad, via the newer Service Center.

I had to do this in order to install the Kontakt 2 (full version) on my newer MacPro computer. It took a little effort, of course, because I had to update the Service Center. But once I did this, the entire procedure when quite smoothly for me. By the way, I de-activated one installation of Kontakt 2 from an older version of the Receptor (by Muse Research) in order to legally be able to install it on the MacPro. My older "Version B" Receptor (which is a fancy-shmancy computer geared toward playing VST plug-ins) just couldn't cut the memory and CPU demands of the Kontakt 2 program which now works wonderfully on my MacPro computer.

Again, good luck to you on getting your old password. Once you get that situation settled, you should be able to upgrade the Service Center in order to make the necessary de-activation/activation process work.

Regards,

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

My password was in an email reply from Native Instruments. It's the same one I've been using for about 5 years. So check for a saved email.

Jim

Thanks for replying!
    It seems that there was some kind of trouble on the Native site for registration (had a check in the Native forum, and I was not alone having problems).
    Got a mail today with a new password and I was able to log in and activate the libraries on the new computer. Still haven't tried them in Cubase though.... waiting for a couple of updates to dowload first.
    Btw... the Steinway Basic is up and running! Thanks Gary, Tony and mrs Aria for a smooth installation and registration!

And YES everything seems to be working in Cubase as well!
    Even though the Steinway was a bit hesitant to do what he was told...
    (guess I should have read some kind of manual.. but now he's playing like a charm). All is well and engson is happy again!

Go Back to forum