• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: The Little bit I've been playing with LOP

Share/Bookmark

The Little bit I\'ve been playing with LOP

NICE!!!

I dont own UOP so I can\'t compare... but the sheer amount of samples and instrument variations is pretty damned wonderful. I really dig the Crotales and Glocks. The amount of Snare Drum Patches is enough to keep me busy for a long time....and FINALLY a snare off Snare multisample. Lots of cymbals too. The Timps sound great. Probably not as amazing as Ultimate Timp (4 velocities compaed to 16 velocities), but they are very good and very usable.

Anyhow. I like. Not sure how it compares to UOP, but I\'d think that this is quite a bit more elaborate. I\'ll post more as I start to use it in pieces. to let you know how they take to reverbs and placements.

ONE more thing. The Flash Animated Help desk/information thingy is VERY COOL.
    ------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

[This message has been edited by KingIdiot (edited 01-21-2002).]

Re: The Little bit I\'ve been playing with LOP

Picked up LOP at the NAMM show for the nice upgrade price!! It\'s quite awesome - the snare drums and timpani sounds blow away UOP. Donnie gave me a demo of almost the whole library. I could tell he is quite excited on how it came out! A must have for all orchestral composers.

Seems like I gotta have that one too... too many things I have to buy at the moment it seems - and too little money!

Donnie, is it possible to order directly from you or how do I prove that I have UOP to whoever I have to buy from?

Is the upgrade deal still available Donnie for those who have UOP?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    NICE!!!

I dont own UOP so I can\'t compare... but the sheer amount of samples and instrument variations is pretty damned wonderful. I really dig the Crotales and Glocks. The amount of Snare Drum Patches is enough to keep me busy for a long time....and FINALLY a snare off Snare multisample. Lots of cymbals too. The Timps sound great. Probably not as amazing as Ultimate Timp (4 velocities compaed to 16 velocities), but they are very good and very usable.

Anyhow. I like. Not sure how it compares to UOP, but I\'d think that this is quite a bit more elaborate. I\'ll post more as I start to use it in pieces. to let you know how they take to reverbs and placements.

ONE more thing. The Flash Animated Help desk/information thingy is VERY COOL.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

King,

Are there rolls, crescendos, and other fun articulations for the timpani and cymbal patches?\")

Thanks

Kevin

Rolls and Crecendos galore.

Different lengths and different velocities.

I\'m REALLY happy with alot of the sounds. As I stated I dont have UOP or Ultimate Timp, but man these things sounds great. I\'m especially in love with the tuned percusion.

The Crotales are awesome and the Chimes/tybe Bells with the Xylaphone mallets sound totally cool. I\'m redy to throw a High pass on the to get jsut the weird attack and less of the fundamental for even moe added coolness.

I\'m also probably going to go nuts with FX processing just for fun. I\'m really excited about getting some time to REALLY fool with this library.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Donnie, could you post a list of the instruments in LOP, the upgrade price from UOP, and where to order?

Doug Bircher

PatS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Bircher:
    Donnie, could you post a list of the instruments in LOP, the upgrade price from UOP, and where to order?

Doug Bircher
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The list is fairly extensive (from what I saw at NAMM), but I\'ll try to post it tonight after I install LOP onto my system. Thank goodness you can export loaded patch lists to a text file.

Pat

[This message has been edited by PatS (edited 01-22-2002).]

Thanks Pat. I\'m hoping there are some really good gongs, among other things.

Doug

I got my too. There are a lot of instruments in this set.

Has anyone been able to find a celeste? I saw something like that on the back of the box, but I could not find this instrument. I wonder if it\'s a misprint.

Go Back to forum