• Register
  • Help

Topic: Two New Recordings

Share/Bookmark

Two New Recordings

Hello:

Here are two tunes my wife and I recorded a few weeks ago.

"In My Life" features the Garritan Steinway Basic Edition and vocal. We recorded this live into Cubase Essential 4 in one take.

"I Give You To His Heart" was originally recorded by Allison Krauss. This tune shows the Steinway in a light pop arrangement with MusicLab's RealGuitar, ManyTone Music's ManyBass, and vocal.

Sorry for all the p-pops! We recorded these quickly with an Audix OM5 live vocal mic with no p-popper screen.

Enjoy,
    Davin

Re: Two New Recordings

Hi Davin and Welcome to the forum! I like the sound of the Steinway on your recordings. Your wife plays pretty good and you've got a high voice for a guy, (kidding)
    I enjoyed both your pieces. What settings are you using on the piano? I thought maybe it could stand a bit more reverb. You've got it sounding good however. I thought both the arrangements were nice as well, the timing with the guitar was a tad off in a few spots. Thanks for sharing these with the forum. I look forward to hearing more from you. John

Thanks so much for the comments!

You can also check out a solo jazz piano arrangement of "Over The Rainbow" here:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...hlight=rainbow

Use the link to SkyDrive a few posts into the thread.

Best wishes,
    Davin

Hi again, I had heard this earlier when it was first posted. I love that under lid perspective. I'm listening again now, NICE!
    I am adding a bit more highs when I use the under lid samples, and a bit more reverb. You've got a great sound with this and some nice flourishes on the keys! John

Very nice job on both of these, Davin; my compliments
    to both of you. I found His Heart quite moving.

My best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Hello, Davin

I think it's too rare for pop-vocals to be posted here. It's a breath of fresh air to hear your offerings.

Nice! I really admire the Piano arrangements/playing in both of these cuts. Smooth with well executed little pop-style turns throughout.

And isn't Music Lab's Guitar just amazing? Yeah! In the world of Guitar samples, its on a par with the Garritan Steinway which you show off so well here.

Production-wise, I found your light reverb touch perfect for the tunes. No reason to give it a faux large-venue sound like we hear so constantly.

Please pass it on to your wife that I enjoyed her vocals and these tracks very much.

Randy B.

I enjoyed both numbers. Nice piano and vocals. I like raw vocals like these without a lot of filtering.

In My Life was voted the best song ever by current professional songwriters.

Thanks for posting.

Phil

Go Back to forum