• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Studio Can't Load GPO or JABB

Share/Bookmark

GPO Studio Can't Load GPO or JABB

I've installed and authorized GPO and JABB on my MacBook pro. Yet when I try to load these in GPO studio, they are grayed out. What am I doing wrong? Is there a config setting somewhere I'm missing?

Thanks,

Brian

Re: GPO Studio Can't Load GPO or JABB

Nevermind. I was missing the .vst file in my libraries folder.

-- Brian

Exclamation Re: GPO Studio Can't Load GPO or JABB

hi, i'm having the same problem, but not quite sure where .vst file is and where it's supposed to go...

help please!!

Rob

Hi Rob, You need to navigate to where GPO is on your computer. For me the path is (C)>Program files>GarritanPersonalOrchestra>VST. Look in that VST folder and copy the .dll file. Then navigate to the folder for VST's within GPO Studio or a general folder where VST's are stored on your computer, and paste that file into the VST folder. I'm on a PC so I can't be more specific for you. Good luck, John

Exclamation Re: GPO Studio Can't Load GPO or JABB

I'm on a PC too, using Version 3.0. There is no VST folder in my GPO install, the files went to the Kontakt Player 2 folder when I installed from disc. Having copied the 3 .dll files into the GPO Studio VST folder, I still have the same problem! Am a looking in the wrong place? Do I need to re-install all files in the same location?

Cheers,
    Rob

Hi Rob,

Welcome to Northernsounds.

Studio was designed for GPOv1 and GPOv2; with the introduction of the Kontakt Player 2 interface with GPOv3 the program is no longer needed. You can run GPOv3 as a standalone by starting the Kontakt Player 2 interface from the Start menu.

The primary function of GPO Studio was to interface with notation programs and other midi applications that did not have VST hosting capabilities. The major players all now have this feature, and you can download a set of virtual midi cables to allow KP2 to link up to an older application which may not.

Best,
    Reegs

Go Back to forum