• Register
  • Help

Topic: VMK176 or 188 plus owners

VMK176 or 188 plus owners

Can anyone weigh in on how they like this series who has had theirs for a while? It seems like the 176 would be perfect for me but the local Guitar Center doesn't have one for me to try. Really I just need decent action, pitch/mod wheel, and some sliders/faders for controls in the home studio.

thanks in advance

Re: VMK176 or 188 plus owners

I don't have one of the VMK's, but I'm chiming in because it's been about a week and you've had no responses. These are hard to find keyboards, at least in my area, and the dealers want you to order them sight unseen. Yeah, right!

I thought about the VMK's myself, but decided not to go for one. They are reputed to have a very good keyboard action, but I have my doubts about the software- which has been flaky on a few of the Fatar's I've owned. It's an Italian company with distributors in the USA and probably other places as well. When I had my problems, the local distributor wasn't easy to contact, and when I finally reached him, he didn't have any answers for me.

I've got an M-Audio Keystation 88 Pro and it's the other way around- the hardware is poor, and the software is excellent. Even so, I needed help setting it up with my sequencer- and I got it from a very active online forum/community. I don't believe you'd get that kind of support from Studiologic/Fatar if that matters to you.

So, I'd want to test one out thoroughly, 'kick the wheels' etc, before buying. Just my two cents.

Dell Core2Duo E7200, 3GB Ram, SATA 160GB, SATA 250GB, Yamaha KX88 controller, Cubase Essential 4, Gigastudio 3.

Re: VMK176 or 188 plus owners

you might want to ask on the keyboard corner forum

I remember there were people who were in love with the vmk series over there.

Go Back to forum