• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Tropical Pirate"

Central Illinois

Re: "Tropical Pirate"

Hi Fredrik, I am really beginning to develop some fondness for the now familiar theme that weaves through this saga. It's always shifting and morphing into something new. Beautiful work with the horns! John

Fred -

This is great! It's very cool to hear (and see and read) the continuing "saga" as you share it here!

LOVE the guitar playing! Is that you playing the guitars live? Or (dare I ask) are you using electric guitar software libraries? Or, is it a combination of the two? It seems to good to have such a realistic guitar sound come exclusively from electric guitar software libraries. But it's possible. (I am NOT a guitar player so if/when I add any guitar/electric guitar tracks, they're coming from a choice of 3 guitar plug-ins.) Still, if I had to bet on how you did the electric guitars, I would put money down on "Live Guitars". No matter how you did it, though, it sounds great!

A brief comment about the mix. Your vocals seem too far back in the mix. If this is intentional, then so be it. But I could not hear any of the lyrics. How about bringing the lyrics up front a bit more AND pulling back (a lot) on some of the sound effects? The sound effect are cool, but they do seem too hot in the mix and seem to obscure the lyrics/singing.

Again, as I've said before, I soooo appreciate the creative effort that you place into these "sagas" or stories that you share. Thanks!

Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

This keeps getting better and better!!!!!!
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

Another well done episode in this ongoing narrative,
    Fredrick... again catching me by surprise as it navigated
    from deeply classical material to -- acid rock... lol!
    But, hey, it works; especially the howling...

My best,

David Sosnowski

Shelton, Washington State

This is just tooooo much Fred!

I loved those howls.

Yes, tell us about the rock music.

Simply phantasmagorical, Fredrik. I love when I can get lost in music and it paints streams of energy in the air - (no, I'm not On anything!) - and that happened while hearing your "Tropical Pirate."

wow--My lady Kate really perked up just now when the track burst into the rock section. She thought I must've veered away from the Forum. hehe.

I'm pretty much like Wow. OK? Ok!

Randy B.

Go Back to forum