• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Omnisphere has corrupted yet another project

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere has corrupted yet another project

Hi,
    I loaded up my current project based on Omni patches (7 midi channels routed to 7 Omni patches). I press play and all if fine. I try to open the Omni GUI and a screen pops up with a picture of the Omnisphere box on the left margins with the rest of the window gray. No GUI no nothing. The other plugins on the track work fine. My guess is that the project got corrupted.
    I tried everything from removing all the plugins to saving under a different name but nothing helps.
    What I did was I started a new project and copied all the midi parts from the old to the new. Then set up all the Omni and Cubase channel routings and set up automation again. It was wise of me to call the Cubase midi channels by their Omni names so I could find the sounds in Omni easily. Otherwise I would have been lost.

Spectrasonics staff, what was that screen that I got? I never saw it before.

This is the second project that Omnisphere corrupts for me in Cubase.

Re: Omnisphere has corrupted yet another project

Your symptoms are typical for running out of memory in cubase.

Hippo

The thing is that the project was working fine before that and for the last two weeks. I did not add anything but only wanted to do minor volume adjustments. Why would it work fine (enough memory) then and suddenly stop now (out of memory)?

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Just a idea to help you out in the future. Everytime I save a project, I save it as a new version. The first time a save a project I save it as "Name 1", then "name 2", "name 3", etc. This way, if you lose a project to corruption of a file, you can revert back to the project just before it. It has saved me neumerous times.

Quote Originally Posted by EricWatkins View Post
    Sorry to hear of your troubles. Just a idea to help you out in the future. Everytime I save a project, I save it as a new version. The first time a save a project I save it as "Name 1", then "name 2", "name 3", etc. This way, if you lose a project to corruption of a file, you can revert back to the project just before it. It has saved me neumerous times.
    +1, and x 1,000,000!

This habit has literally saved me so many times, I can't even tell you. It's not so much "corrupt" files in my case -- that actually hasn't happened to me that much -- but more often it's the client giving me the ole, "Hey, now that I think about it, I liked the vocal volume on the one you sent me two weeks ago better!"

For that reason, I also name the raw audio mix exports using the same numbers, so I can match them later if necessary (e.g., "song-name_01__23.wav" is the audio export from the Cubase file "song-name_01__23.cpr").

I really learned the importance of doing this the HARD way, trust me. . .

Quote Originally Posted by EricWatkins View Post
    Exactly! I totally agree.
    My naming scheme is songname_1a through songname_9z

Great idea, guys. Thanks for the tip, i never really thought of doing that (and it already could have helped me tremendously). Well, from now on..
    Sam

I save by the date 01-16-09, 01-24-09,etc...It's never the same name twice

But what if you have different versions on the same day?
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

I second saving by date.

year-month-day & use letters for same day files
    Song Name 090117a - Song Name 090117b - etc

Boyd

Go Back to forum