• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: What's up with Namm 2009?

Share/Bookmark

What's up with Namm 2009?

Doesn't NAMM open today? It doesn't seem like any hype is going on. Remember VSL teasing us with the out of focus ppictures on their site that progressively got clearer as the big day approached? No "Wait for it" or "The best is about to come" banners. Nada.

Is it the economy? Is it that we've sampled everything on the planet with 16 velocity layers and 3 mic positions and we're waiting on the mars probe to come back with some new material?

Anybody else sense a lack of excitement?
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Re: What's up with Namm 2009?

I hear you. This year has been really underwhelming.

Well, VSL might announce VE with third party instrument support ... some new stuff for the Vienna Suite (a reverb is pre-announced) .... Maybe some news on MIR?

best

Hi,

A new string library soon to be available is enough for me to get excited.

Cheers.

Cubase 5 will be announced... integrating some kind of "autotune" directly
    into the waveform-editor. Also integrated is a convolution reverb...

Tobias

Eric has hinted at Trilogy in steam, Cubase 5 is soon annoced and NI are coming with some exciting stuff.... for me at least. So far so good.

Hi,

Unfortunately I had to cancel in last minute as I need to stay home with my wife (she is sick from chemo), but perhaps I have a little surprise to be announced later.

In secrecy i have been working since August on a project with a big artist and it will be revealed at NAMM.

It will NOT be a Scarbee product but released by the artist - however the whole Scarbee gang has been involved including myself (editing, programming and recording, Nils Liberg (scripts) and Stefan Kengen (graphics).

So keep an eye on NAMM announcement - and off course my site.

www.scarbee.com
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

Sending out a cheer and a prayer to you and your wife again.

rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Quote Originally Posted by zvenx View Post
    Sending out a cheer and a prayer to you and your wife again.

rsp
    Thanks. She is almost done with chemo - last time is Jan 26, then follows 6 weeks of radiation. It has been tough and now body is exhausted so any minor desease can be fatal. at just 38.4 degree temperature she must be in hospital imediately. Since we have a flu epedemic im Denmark now I feel safest to stay home during NAMM (I had booked flight/hotel..).

Now good thing is that all cancer was removed, there were no spread and she could keep breast - you can hardly see any change at all. So in that sense we were very lucky. However without chemo/radiation risk of a relapse is very big: 47% - with chemo/radiation tratment risk is 10-15%.
    So that is a big difference. To put it in perspective risk of any woman getting breast cancer in Denmark is 11% (1 out of 9). So after this she is almost put back to normal.

About Blue Bass - it will be released in late february - so not on sale.
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

Thomas,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Sincerely,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Go Back to forum