• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Frozen Engine Grounds Snorlax...no NAMM

Unhappy Frozen Engine Grounds Snorlax...no NAMM

Well, fooey...

I was supposed to Leave Indianapolis at 8:50 this morning. It is now 11:50 and the plane is still on the ground due to some freezing problem in the engine.

There are no other connections for at least 24 hrs to LAX, and I can't reroute for at least 24 hrs...since I had to leave LA on Sunday, I just scrapped the whole thing. No NAMM for Snorlax this year.

I just texted Gary with the bad news.

I'd say shed a tear for ol' Snorlax, but if you are in Indianapolis, the tear will freeze.

Fooey...or as they say in Dutch, foei!

Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Re: Frozen Engine Grounds Snorlax...no NAMM

That bites the big one.

Hey, you can come to Portland, Oregon and help me get Cubase to work right.......it doesn't like me any more. LOL
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

FWIW I hate flying, they always seems to be some stupid excuse for not being on time or even not going. I have to fly to London a couple of times a year, its a business flight but they are always stranding people. I went by train last time, much better only twice as long (if you include check in, check out, check up, cheque handed over) and the BREAKFAST on the train was AMAZING !!!!.
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Sorry to hear it Jim, what a bummer.

We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

South of the Ohio River

Wow! I don't know which is worst - missing NAMM or having to stay home during this Arctic cold snap. I hope the euphonium valves don't freeze up. Sorry for the bad turn of events, Jim.
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Oh Jim . . . This is very sad news!! I was looking forward to read about NAMM from the SNOR perspective. . . .

Hopefully next year! (?) And hopefully this crazy weather is warmer next year!

Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

West Seneca, NY

I told you to hire that dog sled team!

SNOR -

I'm sorry you're missing NAMM. I'm glad, though, that you are "not leaving" from Indy, rather than from LaGuardia . . . you might have been on the plane that landed in the Hudson!

I'll shed a tear for you . . . but indoors, 'cause below-zero temps here, too, would have the tears becoming "eyeciles."

Marion Ohio:

Jan 15
    Bitterly cold. Clear to partly cloudy. Dangerous wind chills may approach -25F. Low around -10F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.
    Jan 16
    Intervals of clouds and sunshine. Very cold. Dangerous wind chills may approach -30F. High around 5F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph.

About the same as Indy, I guess.
    It's a Viking thing.

Here's a quick video and some photos...

I have a reply, but in this thread, but it needs to be approved first, and I think all the moderators are busy at the NAMM. :P
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Go Back to forum