• Register
  • Help

Topic: Optimal system?

Share/Bookmark

Optimal system?

I am having problems with JABB and Sonar 7. Like so much of the software I have purchased in my life, it Almost works, some of the time. I am getting a lot of drop outs.(I followed all the Sonar guideance for curing drop outs) I am using ASIO drivers. My interface is the Lexicon Omega. When I check the CPU and RAM meters, The CPU meter sometimes gets up in the red. (60%) but the RAM hardly lights up the meter at all. Also, I have to run the ASIO driver at high latency just to get it to work.

I am running JABB within Sonar 7 on a HP Laptop. It has an AMD Turion 64X2 processor running at 1.8 Ghz. I am running 32 bit Vista with 1.5gb of RAM. It has a 150 Gb hard disk that is about half full. At the moment, all the software and the samples are on the same disk.

I am working on full big band pieces using the notation samples since I am importing the files from Finale.

Where is the weak link in this chain? I am determined to make this work.

Re: Optimal system?

You mention you are using a laptop. How are the power management settings? Switching from power saver mode to high performance will double the capabilities of your processor.

Re: Optimal system?

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    You mention you are using a laptop. How are the power management settings? Switching from power saver mode to high performance will double the capabilities of your processor.
    Yes, I have changed the power settings.

Go Back to forum